IGNORED

Moto cop dismounting on right side

tonyla

I was just watching the evening news. During a video it showed a Policemen pulling up on a harley and after putting down the side stand He stood on the right foot peg and dismounted. I've never seen anyone do this before. Is there a reason?

There are several reasons and I'm sure I don't know them all.

Dismounting on the rights is:

away from traffic

makes it possible to reach across and place ones left hand on the brake while freeing up the right to grab ones sidearm

places the bike between you and the perp (bullet shield)

is supposed to be easier once you get used to it (since bikes tilt to the left)

I was just watching the evening news. During a video it showed a Policemen pulling up on a harley and after putting down the side stand He stood on the right foot peg and dismounted. I've never seen anyone do this before. Is there a reason?

Maybe he was scared the hog would fall on him!!! :rofl:

The are trained to dismount/mount on the left so they are not getting off into traffic. Does not matter they are doing, they do it the same way all the time so it is habit.

The are trained to dismount/mount on the left so they are not getting off into traffic. Does not matter they are doing, they do it the same way all the time so it is habit.

You meant to say right didn't you? Always get off on the "high side" (right side) to avoid traffic flying by on the left.

Archived