IGNORED

Clutch lever adjustment

RTme2

How do I reach the adjuster at the back of the transmission on an 02 1100rt? I've got the right side panel off. Do I have to take the air box off?

Dave

I did not remove the airbox, but to make things really easy I ended up removeing the rear wheel and got to it from the back of the bike. I may of removed the shock also, because I didn't have a swivel socket to get to it from a angle.

I used to get to it by taking off the left tupperware and the left footpeg plate.

Hmmm...removing the footpeg plate sounds like a good idea.

I get to mine with a combination of socket extensions, universals, etc. It's cumbersome and somewhat hokey, but it works.

Next time I have to adjust that, I'll try removing the footpeg plate.

Nahhh. Remove the left side power socket and go in through there with the extensions and the swivels. It's complicated the first time you do it, but simple after that.

Nahhh. Remove the left side power socket and go in through there with the extensions and the swivels. It's complicated the first time you do it, but simple after that.

That's basically what I did, although I did it from the right, and I already had the the tupperware off since I was doing a service. I'm not sure if having the Tupperware off made it easier or not.

Archived