IGNORED

Oil cooler pipes

spfksfdk

My 1150RT has been loosing oil, closer inspection shows oil coming throught the walls of the oil cooler pip on the left side of the bike. I was previously worried about the right hand pipe. Has anyone seen this before?

you mean the oil cooler hose right? i believe its just flexible hoses that go up to the oil cooler. I never had an issue with them when i had the RT, is it just hose clamps that are used to secure them onto the oil cooler? probably just replace the hose clamps.

I had something similar - thought it was coming from the clip so tightened down but still leaked. Pulled out the oil cooler and found a very small crack on the welded joint between the nipple and oil cooler body (only weeped when under pressure.) Got an alloy welder to touch up the joint - no problems since.

This is definitely the pipe, down near the bottom banjo. If I wipe the pipe then run the engine I can see little bubbles of oil appear on the pipe. I bet this will be expensive an expensive pipe and I'm sure the bolts on the engine cover (which clamp the pipe) are seized too :-(

are you sure those bubbles aren't coming from the banjo ?

Mine was leaking there and I retorqued the banjo and it appears to have stopped......

I did get new crush washers for the banjo in case but haven't used them.......yet.

Archived