IGNORED

muffler for r1100rs

jan.b

Hello, I have not posted in awhile, but thought this might be the right place. I am considering getting an aftermarket muffler for my 2001 R1100RS. Any suggestions would be helpful. Any ideas on best place to purchase would also be nice. Got a decent one you want to sell, please let me know. Thanks much in advance.

Hello, I have not posted in awhile, but thought this might be the right place. I am considering getting an aftermarket muffler for my 2001 R1100RS. Any suggestions would be helpful. Any ideas on best place to purchase would also be nice. Got a decent one you want to sell, please let me know. Thanks much in advance.

I had a quick look at your profile to see where you live, but you don't have a home.

If you are in USA I would recommend you try Beemer boneyard

If you are UK, try Motorworks, Motobins or James Sherlock.

I'd reccommend sticking with stock.

Aftermarket ones usually just make more noise and often less go.

Andy

Hi,

My 01 R1100RS had a Remus system when I bought it. This was the one without the pre muffler just a straight connector pipe and the rear muffler. The droning at road speed was annoying. My previous bike, a R11RT, had the Remus with the pre muffler and it was much quieter. In the end, I put the stock pipe back on.

Both systems were a poor fit where they connect to the BMW header pipe. I ended up making a shim out of thin sheet metal that helped but it still leaked a bit.

I now have the stock pipe on my RS and am much happier with the stealth approach. There's no increase in performance with the aftermarket pipes anyway.

You might also look for a used Staintune system. The one to avoid is Two Brothers. The packing doesn't last very long and they sound terrible.

Archived