IGNORED

Question fro my English friends......

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Just now dawned to me that when we'll ride in England next week, nobody will see me friendly greeting with my LEFT hand !!!! :wave:

How do you guys do it !!??

Just now dawned to me that when we'll ride in England next week, nobody will see me friendly greeting with my LEFT hand !!!! :wave:

How do you guys do it !!??

Suspect it will be like the guy that pulled up on my right when we were both headed north... ie... gave me a thumbs up which I responded with an over-hand wave since it was obvious that anything I did normal for me he wouldn't see...

Regards -

-Bob

We use our left hand too, Just hold it high enough to be seen over the screen. Or we nod our heads, that is more common among sportbike riders. Some of us use the French style leg-waving too.

Andy

It's most often used to signal a 'merci' as, for example, when someone squeezes right to let you overtake, although it also replaces the wave when you overtake another rider but don't want to take your paws off the grips. The leg is extended out and down, whereas most dogs raise the leg. There are other variations of the wave, left arm extended and down, two fingers forming a V, or the 'I've done too many waves today, I'll just flash the V without lifting the hand'. HD rider's are, of course, exempt from waving because they need both hands on the bars to keep from falling down. ;)

As Andy says Francois, lots of head nodding. Think of it as a brief, courteous bow!

We have a prominent car insurer that uses a nodding dog as it's logo to the extent that they are appearing as models again in car rear windows. You'll start to feel like him, Churchill the dog, after a while.

Enjoy your trip to England. This is one of the best times of year to ride in my opinion.

Derek

R1200GS

Ducati S2R 800

Archived