IGNORED

Broken BMW web site.........

motorman587

Not really anything you can "say" to change his mind... only thing I can think of is have fun with his love of H-Ds... if he is a tolerant boss, you can send him hear to get him riled up...

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/main.htm

This will see if he has a thick skin.

Be warned of the umm, colorful metaphors.

I love it, but not work safe..................

Not that it's worth a pissing contest but send him this year's Iron Butt Rally results. Five of the top ten were BMW. Here (excerpted from another thread here on BMWST) is the breakdown.

That left 63, broken down as follows:

GoldWing 15

FJR1300 14

ST1300 8

1200GS 5

R1200RT 4

R1200GT 4

K1200LT 3

1200GSA 3

1150RT 3

1150GS 2

And by brand:

BMW 24

Honda 23

Yamaha 14

Not that it's worth a pissing contest but send him this year's Iron Butt Rally results. Five of the top ten were BMW. Here (excerpted from another thread here on BMWST) is the breakdown.

That left 63, broken down as follows:

GoldWing 15

FJR1300 14

ST1300 8

1200GS 5

R1200RT 4

R1200GT 4

K1200LT 3

1200GSA 3

1150RT 3

1150GS 2

And by brand:

BMW 24

Honda 23

Yamaha 14

Funny that you posted that. That is what I sent him this AM and in return he sent me the broken BMW web site............

Can't we all get along? It's obvious that the animosity between Harley riders and BMW riders is a clever plan created by the free masons to coerce us into buying Harleys. In the New World Order there will only be one brand of motorcycle, Harley. If you add up the numeric values of Harley you get the number 69 which we all know is a palindrome used by the Knights Templar. Why a V-Twin engine? It is clearly the sign of a pagan religion. Think about it...

sku-tcl3-400x400.jpg

Anybody who rides a motorcycle is OK with me. I don't care what they ride as long as they ride. We are all on the same team!

Can't we all get along? It's obvious that the animosity between Harley riders and BMW riders is a clever plan created by the free masons to coerce us into buying Harleys. In the New World Order there will only be one brand of motorcycle, Harley. If you add up the numeric values of Harley you get the number 69 which we all know is a palindrome used by the Knights Templar. Why a V-Twin engine? It is clearly the sign of a pagan religion. Think about it...

sku-tcl3-400x400.jpg

Anybody who rides a motorcycle is OK with me. I don't care what they ride as long as they ride. We are all on the same team!

Not when he is the boss that may decide what type bike you patrol on...........

Good grief! Look where they have been riding. Hmmmm, GS, ya think they were riding on paved roads like our interstates the whole time? I'll give the bike some slack for what it's had to do.

http://www.automotix.net/autorepair/recalls/harley_davidson/

Head to Head

Motorcycles Tested

Both Harley Davidson and BMW brought bikes for consideration, and the testing was conducted at the Michigan State Police Precision Driver Training Facility. Three machines were tested:

BMW R1200RTP

Harley Davidson Police Road King

Harley Davidson Police Electra Glide

The BMW was the clear winner In the acceleration and top speed testing, although the Road King beat it by .01 seconds in the 0-20 mph bracket (1.29 and 1.30 seconds, respectively). After that, the BMW was consistently faster in every test bracket, finishing with a 0-100 mph time of 10.01 seconds. The Harley Davidson Police Road King gained second in every test bracket, turning in a 0-100 mph time of 25.44 seconds. The Electra Glide was third on every test, with a 0-100 mph time of 26.05 seconds. Top speeds were 130.9 for the BMW, 109.1 for the Road King, and 106.2 for the Electra Glide.

The BMW also won the braking test, with a projected stopping distance from 60 mph of 139.0 feet. The Harley Davidson Police Road King score was 171.4 feet, and the Harley Davidson Police Electra Glide score was 173.3 feet.

Each machine completed a vehicle dynamics test similar to that completed by the other patrol vehicles. Here, a road course was negotiated by four riders doing six laps each. Each rider's best five laps were averaged, then the four riders' averages were again averaged to get a cumulative average for each machine (for a total of 20 averaged laps per machine). The BMW took honors, with a combined average of 5:49.4. The Harley Davidson Police Road King was next at 6:17.4, followed by the Harley Davidson Police Electra Glide at 6:19.0.

At this point, all of these scores for all types of vehicles are preliminary, pending the release of the MSP final report. More detailed results of the testing can be downloaded from the Michigan State Police website.

The testing conducted each year provides an extremely valuable service to the law enforcement community. The Michigan State Police take the challenge seriously, realizing the effect that their test results can have on thousands of officers and communities.

Stay safe, and wear your vest

John,

Have him come out and ride the competition course at the Tallahassee Mall on the Harley and then back it up with a run on the BMW. Then give him a truth serum and ask him which he prefers.

John,

Have him come out and ride the competition course at the Tallahassee Mall on the Harley and then back it up with a run on the BMW. Then give him a truth serum and ask him which he prefers.

He is a die hard Harley guy. Would not matter, he would find something great and because of rank, it's the greatest. lol

The irony of this is not wasted on me. The home state of US auto manufacturing is considering a foreign brand motorcycle for its state employees. Isn't Michigan a hot-bed of buy-american thinking?

Archived