IGNORED

CCP relay

Marek

How do you determine which relay control CCP codes? Owners manual doesn't ID relays. Repair manual I've got only identifies Starter relay. I have wireing diagram and was hoping to ID the relay by wires going to it but all the wires are hidden under the fuse box and I can't see what's what. I want to remove that relay and try to run it "open loop" just to see what difference does it make.

Mark

Hi Mark,

If you open the fuse box standing on the left side of the bike it will be a bright yellow relay closest to you in the second row from the front if I remember it right. At least mine was yellow as it had the stock ccp in it. On mine there were a couple of little white plastic clamps that go over the relay on each side to prevent you from easily pulling it out but you can spread those open and remove the plug. I took my bike on a nice ride this morning and I am still amazed at the difference in the smoothness of the bike. I hope you will have the same results!

Mark

What are the up's and downs of leaving or removing the CCP? If I remove the CCP, does this void my warrantee?

Here we go again smile.gif Watch out, this thread is about CCP on a R1100RT! The R1150RT is a completely different animal related to engine control and CCP application. If you play with the CCP and you are worried about the warranty, just stick it back before you go to the dealer. It should not really affect the warranty unless your dealer is a nitpicking bxxtard.

Archived