IGNORED

Is this #8

Whip

Whip, sure there is always a way.. Now if you had asked if there is an easy way then NO.. You have a stout wound spring on both TBI units so there is a fair amount of tension due to two springs..

Probably the easiest way is to rig up a counter spring (or rubber band) right on the twist grip to twist the grip back against the TBI spring pressure.. Not pretty but seems to work pretty good..

Twisty

Whip, sure there is always a way.. Now if you had asked if there is an easy way then NO.. You have a stout wound spring on both TBI units so there is a fair amount of tension due to two springs..

Probably the easiest way is to rig up a counter spring (or rubber band) right on the twist grip to twist the grip back against the TBI spring pressure.. Not pretty but seems to work pretty good..

Twisty

What about a counter spring at the TBs???

Whip, possibly.. Problem with a counter spring on the actual TBI units is the failure mode.. If you have a counter spring on the TBI & the main return spring fails the TBI goes to spring held wide open.. Same with a broken cable (maybe not enough return spring to return the throttle plate to idle).. On the other hand if you have a counter spring on the twist grip any cable failure allows quick return to idle,, or you just manly twist the grip back to idle..

Twisty

Whip, possibly.. . If you have a counter spring on the TBI & the main return spring fails the TBI goes to spring held wide open..

Twisty

Can I watch? :Cool:

Larry, I have a Throttle Rocker that I put on my 03 RT right after my first 50+ mile slab ride.

I found that my wrist can not take holding sustained constant throttle.

That was about 70k ago. The attachment designed was changed due to copywrite infringements & I have the original & have not tried the current offering.

Note that some swear by these & some swear at them but at less then $15 it's painless enough to see if it works for you.

Ok Whip! Enough of the jesting.........

To ease your pain......THROTTLEMEISTER

I installed the larger end weight...it will reduce the vibes too :thumbsup:.

"Anyway to losen the tension of the throttle spring???"

Beth says you're a Sissy.

I say the throttle tube may need a little grease - you may be fighting that rather than the spring tension.

I say the throttle tube may need a little grease - you may be fighting that rather than the spring tension.

Another possibility is gunk in the Bowden box causing drag (Whip, that's the box that takes the single cable from the twistgrip and splits it into two cables that go to the two throttle bodies. It's conveniently located under, well, pretty much everything).

Archived