IGNORED

AHHH!! radio problem

JCBMW

Hi all

I just installed the BMW clarion radio on my RT. Plugged everything in, turned the key, pushed the power button, and, nothing. Rechecked all the connections and tried again. Still nothing. Any ideas as to why?

Check the antenna, you will find they need to be connected, now if you do not have power, then be aware that there is a secondary in line fuse, not the one in the fuse bax.

OK...I see that there is a # 10 fuse in the back of the radio itself. Where would the one in the fuse box be positioned. Looking from the center out the # 2 position is empty. Could this be the one and if so is it also #10?

Hi Jay,

I see in your profile you have an '02 also so it shouldn't be anything different from mine. When I put it in it was truly a straight forward plug and play no codes or fuses to add. You should of had all speaker, antenna and ground wires installed as stock. When you say you pushed the power button and nothing do you mean nothing, nothing? or nothing as in sound? Usually a nothing as in nada is a ground or power problem.

I followed the instructions as described in the web site I referred you to, as you can tell from the plug connectors it's impossible to get wrong so I can't even think of why it's not working.

I hope you still have all the plastic off. I know you said you checked all the connectors but maybe a 3rd time and go step by step. Did you include checking the connector on the back of the radio in the box?

Please keep me informed I really feel bad it's not working.

OK...All connections are hooked up securely. I am missing the antenna wire which runs from antenna to the radio. My thinking was that even without the antenna wire attached that the display would still light up in order for me to see that there was power going to the radio. I have one empty fuse slot in the on bike fuse box. It is the second one from the inside out. Is this one for the radio as well? I'm kinda bummed that it didnt come on when I pushed the button. My poor bike is in peices out in the driveway.

Jay

OK...got it working. Had to tear apart the housing on the radio due to the on off control and audio buttons being lopsided. Once I tightened the screws on the inside I could turn it on. Thanks everyone

Archived