IGNORED

Questions About 6000 mile service

ACsRT

Last month I bought a 2002 R1150RT with 3200 miles on it cool.gif, I now have 6300 miles. I read up on adjusting the valves and synchronizing the TBs. Questions:

1. Do i have to remove the Tupperware to do the valves?

2. Do I use locktight on the Tupperware or the rocker arm covers?

3. Can I adjust the TBs by only removing the Black RHS Shin Pad and attaching to the LH from underneath?

Thanks

Andy

1. Yes

2. No

3. Never tried it but it looks like it would be very difficult. Actually I don't know how to remove the shin pad, just whip the plastic off and do the valves and TBS at the same time, after a couple of times it becomes easy.

Last month I bought a 2002 R1150RT with 3200 miles on it cool.gif, I now have 6300 miles. I read up on adjusting the valves and synchronizing the TBs. Questions:

1. Do i have to remove the Tupperware to do the valves?

2. Do I use locktight on the Tupperware or the rocker arm covers?

3. Can I adjust the TBs by only removing the Black RHS Shin Pad and attaching to the LH from underneath?

Thanks

Andy

What Killer said. Never use loctite on the plastic parts or on the valve covers. Buy a manual and use a torque wrench to tighten the valve covers. The bolts strip out the soft aluminum in the heads very easily, I know, I had 3 helicoils on my 98 RT! You need a wrench that reads in inch/pounds. Use the manual to find torque specs., or search on the db for answers. These procedures have all been written up many times before.

Doing this job yourself insures that it is done right and gives a great deal of satisfaction (and keeps your wallet in your pocket thumbsup.gif)

Archived