IGNORED

Tech Gurus...I need help

Knifemaker

I am using a program called Screen Show to develope a small how to for a web site. Thos program allows me to record sreen while I am navigating the web sight and also records voice.

Problem: I would like to record this in segments due to timing issues (not enough time in the day)and the software that I have allows me to do the recordings beautifully but will not allow me to put them togeather. I tried putting them togeather through Windows movie Maker but the quality goes way south...Is there a program that will allow me to put these togeather without quality loss...I believe the files are avi files or I can save the individual file as swf files.....Free is good but if reasonable I will pay....

I use Vegas Video from Sony, but it is quite pricey. They do however make a version that includes most functions for quality basic editing.

Vegas Movie Studio...About 50 bucks.

Link

As a video editing and assembly program, Vegas Movie Studio is awesome. I would go with the Platinum version if you ever want to make DVDs because that includes AC3 audio and HD video. It has a learning curve for the complex features, but you can be editing video almost without reading the manual.

We have the full Adobe CS Suite, but you likely don't want to go there. Big $$, long learning curve, but certianly the cat's meow in all things creative.

For screen capture I've been using Camtasia Studio:

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

Free trial is fully functional for 30-days, and to purchase is $300. Longest video I've put together is ~7 minutes in 3 separate sessions/files, plus a regular video and included a separate voiceover track. Overall I'm happy with the results.

Archived