IGNORED

Bosch spark plugs

chaparral

Ordered 4 YR5LDE plugs today @ $7.95 per. Check out Euro Auto electrics. 1/2 the cost of the usual rip-off.. Saved me some $$$

Though ya might wanna know.

Alpine rider

I took those on a 3,700km trip this summer and couldn't wait to get the OEM's installed when I got home. The single ground iridium plugs were breaking down at higher rpms...like 6k+. Really annoying.

The dual ground ( I know...they shouldn't make a difference ), plugs are perfect all the way to the redline.

So now I have 60.00 worth of iridium paperweights...

Just my experience...

Jim

Mine had 41K miles and still looked like new. No pitting nor erosion. I will keep em for emergency spares I changed em because I felt they needed a change,, I was wrong!

Jim - I didn't think Bosch offered any "iridium" plugs. Are you thinking about Bosch PLATINUM or some other maker's iridium? I guess I'd like to be sure which plug you're referring to.

I took those on a 3,700km trip this summer and couldn't wait to get the OEM's installed when I got home. The single ground iridium plugs were breaking down at higher rpms...like 6k+. Really annoying.

The dual ground ( I know...they shouldn't make a difference ), plugs are perfect all the way to the redline.

So now I have 60.00 worth of iridium paperweights...

Just my experience...

Jim

I've got 20K miles on single electrode iridium plugs and they're still working great with no break down at higher revs. BTW, the YR5LDE is NGK's dual electrode plug and it's an OEM alternate for the Bosh.

Archived