IGNORED

Nedd 1300GT Servicing Data

Don S

Well I just went over 12,000 miles on my GT and it is time for the 12,000 mile service. My dealer wants $800+ to do this service. I would like to do as much as I can myself. The 1300GT DVD still has not been published by BMW. Any suggestions on where to get the data?? I guess I could buy a 1200GT DVD and just use it.

Don S

Firefight911

$800? You are kidding, right?

What did your 6k cost? Mine at full retail would have been, $139.74, OTD.

The brakes need flushing (wheel circuit only) after one year from in service date and then every 4 thereafter, IIRC what the Svc. Mgr. and I discussed. IIRC again, the wheel circuits are off 2 years from the control circuits and each have a 4 year service interval so you will do one of them every two years, again, IIRC. Don't quote me on the time but the cost for the dealer to do 1 (wheel circuit)year flush would be, $108.64, OTD.

Major service is at 18k on the K13GT.

FD is done every 12K so you would need to add that over and above the 6K price but I highly doubt that costs $600 +.

You need to dig to find out what they are quoting you for!

Let us know.

OK- Went to the dealer and went over what would be done on the 12K service. The oil and filter, service both front and rear brakes, change oil in rear housing, change air filters. Significantly less than the $800 that he thought. The plugs and valves are done at the 18K service. Didn't get hammered just was given a misquote that we got clarified. No harm, no foul. Should receive a 1200GT maintenance manual this week from an Ebay seller and quite possibly I'll be able to do everything except for the brake service.

Don S

Archived