IGNORED

Ohlins Front Shock - 99 RT - Use OEM nut?

creekstone

I bought a set of used Ohlins. The rear went on with no problems. The front may have some boogered threads up top; the OEM nut is giving me some resistance. Before I explore my options, can someone confirm that the Ohlins (re)uses the stock OEM nut? TIA

Don't go any further. Clean up your threads with the proper metric die. Use a new metric nut. I replaced all with metric nyloc nuts for added security.

Don't go any further. Clean up your threads with the proper metric die. Use a new metric nut. I replaced all with metric nyloc nuts for added security.

I understand that solution if indeed the threads are boogered. :thumbsup:

I'm looking for confirmation that the same nut fits both the OEM and Ohlins shock. Or in other words... that the threads on both shocks are the same. Anyone?

Eckhard Grohe

Doesn't the nut have a deformed thread locking feature in it. Mine was stiff the first couple of times I removed it but it loosened to the point where I put blue locktite on it to make sure is would stay put.

Doesn't the nut have a deformed thread locking feature in it. Mine was stiff the first couple of times I removed it but it loosened to the point where I put blue locktite on it to make sure is would stay put.

Hmmm... that's an interesting possiblity. But the nut easily spins on the OEM shock. Everytime I try the nut (by hand) on the Ohlins, it seems to go a tad further. I'm tempted (but know better) to put a wrench to it and gently force it. Neither I or my wrenching bud have the right die. I'll run by my dealer tomorrow to see if they can give me a hand.

Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Archived