IGNORED

Melted hole in Olympia pants--repairable?

bobbybob

Anyone with experience in "patching" nylon cordura fabric? Have a 1" diameter hole (hot exhaust) in lower pants leg on Olympia Airglide pants. Where to get the patch material? Thinking glue vs. sewing..... :S

How old are they... I understand it's a 3 yr warranty.... hmmm that's what they said when my hi-viz faded but that may have only been for fade because their website says one year warranty.

Not completely sure how that works, but our shop has a relationship with a local rep. When I've had an issue (twice) the rep picks the garment up at the shop and returns it there within a couple weeks. Superb service and customer responsiveness.

I'd at least ask them to look at it and see what they'll do for you.

Firefight911

I would direct contact the manufacturer.

I did the same thing with a Motoport jacket I had. I contacted and they asked for the privilege of repairing it so they could affect a repair, based on position, that would withstand a getoff.

I shipped jacket my expense and they had it for 2 weeks and returned it free of charge with a thank you card and discount coupon for future purchase.

Mine was stitched and seam sealed.

There's potentially more to consider than just a hole. The location can impact the functional integrity in case is a crash.

I would, if feasible, go direct to the manufacturer and eliminate all middle

man input.

YMMV

Thanks all, will probably go the Aerostitch patch route--looks heavy duty. Olympia will not repair if damage caused by accident, only if its a factory defect.

If you're concerned with a gore-tex layer, or you just want a top notch repair job, go to rainy pass. They'll do a nice job, and they have the equipment to work with gore-tex, heavy cordura and ballistics fabrics, etc... I've always found their prices to be quite reasonable.

http://www.rainypass.com/

I'm going to suppose that an exhaust melt hole on the inner calf isn't something to be too concerned about regarding the garment's "protective integrity".

Nice n Easy Rider
I think there's an Olympia repair place in Hendersonville that Kinsley was telling me about.

Rpm Gear Inc (Olympia Moto Sports*)

824 Locust St # 100

Hendersonville, NC 28792-3743

Phone: (828) 697-5127

When I had my R1200C I was constantly melting pants on the pipes. All I did was to cut up a pair of old black jeans and have my wife sew patches over the holes. The jeans material will not easily burn.

Archived