IGNORED

Remus Exhaust: Revolution or Hexacone??? - R1200ST

jaytee

Well, I am shopping exhaust systems. Based on information here and elsewhere I am leaning towards a Remus full exhaust system.

But I see there are two different types: Revolution and Hexacone.

Apart from looks, is there any difference???

Revolution_Titanium_Header.jpg

HexaCone_Titanium_Header.jpg

Does anyone know the difference between these two systems? The titanium has a nice clean look to is with an angular shape that matches the hex-head design style on the R1200ST. But do they perform the same? Do both of them have removable baffles? What's the difference in sound? Weight? Anyone?

JT

Jaytee,

The revolution has a bolt-in/out removable core. Sounds a bit louder with the core removed but, seat of the pants says it also performs a little better. I have confirmed this by doing roll-ons with my friend and his R1200ST. He's 50 lbs lighter than me and I can pull him consistently at any speed when he runs stock exhaust. His bike is probably still breaking in with 10,000 miles, while mine has 22,000. We haven't tried this with his new Akropovic can yet.

Jaytee,

The revolution has a bolt-in/out removable core. Sounds a bit louder with the core removed but, seat of the pants says it also performs a little better. I have confirmed this by doing roll-ons with my friend and his R1200ST. He's 50 lbs lighter than me and I can pull him consistently at any speed when he runs stock exhaust. His bike is probably still breaking in with 10,000 miles, while mine has 22,000. We haven't tried this with his new Akropovic can yet.

Ramblin - You have a PM

Archived