IGNORED

2004 R1150RT Gas Mileage

Stephen_Chase

Stephen_Chase

Can anyone tell me what fuel mileage I should be expecting from my 2004 R1150RT?

I run 91 octane gas, mainly highway use, usually 70 mph, with little 'round town. I get roughly 220 to 240 out of a tank.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Stephen

that's normal.

I've seen under 200. I've also seen 300.

I'd also bet you have a gallon in your tank when you think it's empty because of the fuel gauge and low fuel warning light.

Can anyone tell me what fuel mileage I should be expecting from my 2004 R1150RT?

I run 91 octane gas, mainly highway use, usually 70 mph, with little 'round town. I get roughly 220 to 240 out of a tank.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Stephen

That tallies with what I get whilst commuting. Running tank-to-tank on a tour I get about 275-290 miles to the tank. Cold-starts drink the fuel.

Andy

that's normal.

I've seen under 200. I've also seen 300.

I'd also bet you have a gallon in your tank when you think it's empty because of the fuel gauge and low fuel warning light.

At least. Last month, the low fuel warning light on my R1100RT went on at 260 miles. I rode another 20 miles before chickening out and filling up, which took 6.2 gallons, so I could have gone another 30-40 miles before being on fumes.

That's about right. I did a little better on a 4000 mile trip, but not by much. If an aux tank wasn't such a pain in the butt and look like crap, I would get one.

On my 02 1150rt I get around 40-42 commuting in town. Worst ever was 36-38 in the dead of winter. 50-55 on the highway regardless of speed with no top box.

Last month, the low fuel warning light on my R1100RT went on at 260 miles. I rode another 20 miles before chickening out and filling up, which took 6.2 gallons, so I could have gone another 30-40 miles before being on fumes.

On my 03 RT I figure 40 miles after the light comes on but I'm thinking it's more like 50 for summer time conditions (hotter (BTU content) gas, lower wind screen, & warmer/thinner air).

YMMD

Archived