IGNORED

my R1150R could not start

david tiandi

david tiandi

my R1150R could not start, no respond to the start switch at all.

battery is good, fuse is good. spark plug is good. can someone please tell me what's wrong with it, where can i check ?

my R1150R could not start, no respond to the start switch at all.

battery is good, fuse is good. spark plug is good. can someone please tell me what's wrong with it, where can i check ?

Check the 'kill' switch (the lever which the starter push button passes thru) is in its mid (on) position.

Also try sitting on the bike. Then try starting it again with:

a/.Bike in neutral,

b/.Side stand up,

c/ Then with clutch lever pulled in.

Any success?

Andy

As noted above - if the neutral light is not on, then the clutch must be pulled in, even if you know the bike is in neutral, and even if the RID says it is in neutral.

Greets and welcome to the board David...

You might check the switch on the side-stand if the stand is up and the bike is in neutral... and the switch is on... and the kill switch is set to run... and... and... well... I assume you know what you are doing with a bike...

There is a type of kill switch on the side stand as well... and if the bike thinks the stand is down, it will not even react to the starter... it is like a kill switch...

At least... that is how mine acts... R1100RT - year 2000...

Regards -

-Bob

Bob, the 1100 side stand kills the engine & no crank.. The 1150 is different & will kill the engine but still allow engine cranking (so engine will idle in neutral with the side stand down)..

Twisty

Twisty -

Thanks for the information... not sure which I prefer... I kinda like the idea of being able to crank the engine with the side-stand down, but sure as I was able to do it, I would get in all sorts of trouble because of it...

Wonder if it is a lose wire then...

Trying to remember if the battery is as hard to get to on the 1150 as it is the 1100...

Regards -

-Bob

Archived