IGNORED

Arkansas - September ride - where to stay

ElevenFifty

Son Josh, MadMax and I are riding from ATL to Memphis on Sun Sept 20th for a night on Bealle street, then into the Ozarks for a couple of days of riding. We'll spend 2 nights camping or cheap moteling and then ride to Tunica on the 23rd for a night at the tables, returning to ATL on the 24th.

I want to camp/motel on the 21st and 22nd someplace that is central to the best Ozark riding, has food and drink on site, and is within 400 miles of Memphis and Tunica.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

DH ;~)

Paul Mihalka

I think in Arkansas you can't find a better place to stay than Eureka Springs. Lots of budget hotels, all kind of restaurants, a neat small old town to visit. The whole town is very motorcycle friendly. Excellent riding roads all around. If riding through that part of the country, I always make it my stop. If needed, there is a excellent BMW dealer a hour away in Bentonville.

I think in Arkansas you can't find a better place to stay than Eureka Springs. Lots of budget hotels, all kind of restaurants, a neat small old town to visit. The whole town is very motorcycle friendly. Excellent riding roads all around. If riding through that part of the country, I always make it my stop. If needed, there is a excellent BMW dealer a hour away in Bentonville.

+1 on Eureka Springs. It's Moto-Mecca! There's a great selection of hotels, camping I'm sure as well, and a plethora of excellent roads.

I would recommend staying at the Super 8 in Clarksville, I-40 Exit 58.

It's where we always stay when we go to the Ozarks for a weekend of big smiles.

The rooms are reasonably priced and comfortable, and there's a Waffle House just across the parking lot.

Within close proximity of Clarksville are some of the best roads that the Ozarks has to offer.

Like Hwy 123, just East of Clarksville, from Hagarville up to Jasper.

At Jasper you can take Hwy 74 West to Hwy 21, then back South to Clarksville.

Hwy 103, North out of Clarksville to Hwy 215.

Hwy 215, from Oark to Hwy 23.

Hwy 23, the famous Pig Trail, North from Ozark (not to be confused with Oark) up to Hwy 16 and eventually Eureka Springs.

Hwy 27, again East of Clarksville, from Hector North up to Tilly, then catch Hwy 16 West through Ben Hur to AR 7, then 7 back towards Clarksville.

Enjoy. :clap:

Archived