IGNORED

Fuel Additives for better mileage?

Matts_12GS

Many years ago a car magazine made a list of all the gas saving gimmicks for sale, and found that applying all of them and starting with a empty tank in New York you will have two gallons of gas in the tank when you get to Detroit. smile.gif

Ditto the "It's a crock" comment. Auto mfgrs exist to make money. And today, especially given all the pressure to conserve fuel resources, I firmly believe that if a car company, or injector/carb mfgr, etc had something that would give such claimed improved fuel efficiency, they would come out with it, would have come out with it already and made more money instantly. Our problem with vehicles is the idiotic nonsense that we all need to be alone in our dually extra cab trucks, or SUV's, or big cars sucking gas like there is no tomorrow. It is a weight, power thing and no additive will ever offset that. IMO, FWIW!!!!!!!!!!

Paul said..

Many years ago a car magazine made a list of all the gas saving gimmicks for sale, and found that applying all of them and starting with a empty tank in New York you will have two gallons of gas in the tank when you get to Detroit. smile.gif

grin.gifThere would have been more than 2 gallons but 10 gallon had to be drained so the tank wouldn't overflow. tongue.gif

I firmly believe that if a car company, or injector/carb mfgr, etc had something that would give such claimed improved fuel efficiency, they would come out with it, would have come out with it already and made more money instantly.
While I agree that these things are a crock the conspiracy theory against your point is that the oil companies have paid off the car manufacturers to not use these devices, it's not absolutely impossible, you've seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit right?

Archived