IGNORED

need advice

SteveSardone

SteveSardone

My son has an '04 Rockster with around 15k miles. I posted about this before when it started giving him trouble starting. I diagnosed it the best I could and finally gave up and brought it to the dealer. They have had it close to 5 months and have no diagnosis. They have said that they traced all the wires and then started replacing parts. They have put in a new display, a new HES, and a new control unit. They did this one at a time and removed it because it didn't help. They have told me and my son that the labor bill is near $1000.00 now and still no resolution. They did indicate there would be no more labor charges. Do y'all have any advice on this situation? Thanks for reading.

Steve

The dealer obviously is not very serious about fixing the bike.

I would raise H**L at the dealer and then find a mechanic that will actually put forth some thought and effort.

This just doesn't make sense to me. Is this an intermittent problem? That would be the only excuse for this terrible service, that I can think of.

sorry just my 02¢.

The dealer obviously is not very serious about fixing the bike.

+1 I would have pulled the plug a long time ago. There are other fish in the sea.

BMW NA would be my next call as well. A dealer that can't get a motor to run and can't figure out why shouldn't offer service, let alone charge for it. $1K is a bunch of money for zero results.

Archived