IGNORED

Fuse 8 Slot

vizhip

Well, the fuel pump is commanded by the motronic based on pulses from the HES. So, that leaves a few possibilities:

Fuel-pump relay sticking - the fuel pump is powered via Relay 6.

Motronic giving duff output :yikes:

HES giving duff input to motronic.

My first step would be to swap the horn and fuel pump relay over. If it sticky you will notice....

624239335_Q4jKo-L.jpg

If you have a scope, check both HES outputs, they should be clean square sided pulses.

Andy

Curious as to how the fuse 8 slot would act... Thinking about installing a JM CB Radio on the handlebars since the group I ride with uses the CB to communicate... and they all use the JM CBs...

Unless someone here knows of a BETTER CB... but... thought about using fuse 8 since it is empty... )))

vizhip, the #8 fuse is a radio fuse so if you have a radio it is already used.. If not it should work fine..

In fact if your bike has the radio pre-wire setup in it the wire coming from fuse #8 should be in the front radio harness connector..

Twisty

vizhip, the #8 fuse is a radio fuse so if you have a radio it is already used.. If not it should work fine..

In fact if your bike has the radio pre-wire setup in it the wire coming from fuse #8 should be in the front radio harness connector..

Twisty

Excellent... thanks for the fuse info...

and yes... the bike has a JEEP radio squeezed into the left front glove box... along with wires that have been disconnected from a previously installed GPS and what appears to be an autocom switch... but the JEEP radio (which doesn't work) is the only gear left behind, so I figured when I pulled off the fairing and added a CB to the bike that I could remove all that excess wiring...

Sounds like fuse 8 now has a purpose...

Regards -

-Bob

Archived