IGNORED

Handle Bar Fittings

Whip

I raised the handlebars by turning them in the clamps.

...now...

Where are the whatevers I need to loosen to change the angle of the brake and clutch levers so they now match their new position?????

:dopeslap:

BTW....1150 GSA

ShovelStrokeEd

Hidden inside the switches.

Remove the Phillips screws and the lower switch housing. Clamping bolt is inside. Takes either a 5 or 6 mm hex wrench.

Remove the Phillips screws and the lower switch housing. Clamping bolt is inside. Takes either a 5 or 6 mm hex wrench.

Thanks Ed

I don't think I woulda checked there.

:dopeslap:

Another approach is to use a long piece of wood, such as a broomstick, as a lever. Place between the brake or clutch lever and the grip, as close to the pivot assembly as possible, and push. This gives you very fine control over the adjustment. I've never found a motorcycle where the handlebar controls were so tightly bolted that this approach damaged anything. Adjusting the angle of the hand controls is usually one of the first things I do with a new bike, as they almost never come from the factory at an angle that feels comfortable to my hands.

...don't forget the screw under the mirror stem.

:wave:

Archived