IGNORED

can you hear a garmin 2610?

scottcon

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can hear the 2610's voice commands while riding. I have read a few threads on this and folks are saying that the GPS does not have an external speaker socket or plug. Thanks

My 2610 came with car cord with built in speaker. It stays in car. I ordered the direct battery connection and it came with leads for power and a 2.5mm female audio plug for ear speaker or tie in to intercom system. I have mine wired through autocomm intercom and it works fine.

GK

I hear the voice commands from the speaker up to about 45-50 mph even though I wear ear plugs. Up to 60-65 I cannot actually hear the words but am aware of directions being given so I look at the screen. The GPS sits above the speedo and tack on the Gadget Guy mount so it's a little glance down to the screen.

I hear the voice commands from the speaker up to about 45-50 mph even though I wear ear plugs.

Which speaker are you referring to? The 2610 unit does not have a speaker at all - as earlier posts have mentioned, you either have to go with the cigarette lighter adapter included with the 2610, which has a speaker attached to the adapter end, or you have to get the hardwire cable, which has a 2.5mm sound jack that you can plug headphones or intercom/radio system into.

Thanks for the info. I did not want to buy it if I could not hear it. I'm not crazy about glancing down to see the screen all of the time. You have helped me alot and I will purchase one as soon as prices go down again.

Thanks for the info. I did not want to buy it if I could not hear it. I'm not crazy about glancing down to see the screen all of the time. You have helped me alot and I will purchase one as soon as prices go down again.

I'm with you 100% about not having to glance down at the screen all the time, but with a little thought and some ram mounts, you can easily mount the 2610 in your line of sight.

smile.gif

I use the plug that came with my 2610, I don't wear earplugs and I can hear the commands up to about 70mph. I have a plug converter that goes from a BMW male plug to a std cig socket and I plug it into the acc outlet on the 'dash'.

Archived