IGNORED

RT Cargo Capacity

y0shi

I've been looking for #324 - method of packing a 2 piece 9' fly rod. Anyone have pics of that one? Can't find the thread. eek.gif

I haven't been able to figure out that one either. So, I bought a 7 piece, 8'6" Reddington that is better than it has any right to be. It packs down to 18" in the case.

Brian

I have a five-piece eight-weight that packes down nicely, and is a damn good rod for the money. However, it's a bit too much rod for the high country lakes and streams. Even the five-weight can be a bit much. If someone has a way to stow the five-weight, I would be very appreciative. Otherwise, it's break open the wallet.

i take my golf clubs every week on the RT. Lay them cross the rear seat and off i go ..... like a plane. I get lots of comments every week about going golfing and riding the bike. I tell them the smile goes for many miles.

I did this to hold my fly rod, the grill to cook the success of the rod or reserve food, float, waders, and camp gear.

In town its my grocery runner.

GK

560022-BikeTrail2b.jpg.8a3c780943084f65acd0b4d51142c1c4.jpg

Cabela's stowaway rods come in various weights and either 5 or 7 peices depending on how short you want to pack. Even the 5 peice is compact enough for traveling on the bike. And not to hard on the pocketbook.

I'll have to post some pictures, but in Thailand, people can carry almost anything on a 125cc motorscooter. I've seen four car tires, a 30" TV in the carton, a family of five, huge baskets of vegatables, and all sorts of animals.

Also check out the Temple Fork rods - I have a 5wt, 6pc that is a dynamite little unit. Doesn't bust the wallet either.

I have carried my 2pc 6 wt like an arrow quiver(sp). Looks a bit odd but works just fine.

Happy Fishin' clap.gif

Happy Fishing

Archived