IGNORED

Navigator II Plus

BMWDEL

I thought the 'plus' was a 2620.
No. It is fundamentally a 2610 with a 2Gb card. The 2620 has a microdrive which isn't robust enough for bikes.

Paul

ClearwaterBMW

it only compares itself to the 2620 because that is their way of FALSE advertising about making you realize that the microdrive isn't good for bikes.

the unit is a 2610..... not a 2620

remember, bmw isn't always honest about these issues

the other reason they compared those 2 units is because of the price... because the 2620 is tons less money than the nav ii

all that said...

i STILL bought the nav ii plus because i wanted the bmw holder and buttons and all the bells and whistles that came with it..... and i like wasting money

the 2610 is a much better deal

greg

Greg's comments are on target. I have one of each, and I can't see any difference between them (Nav II and 2610). One is on my wife's bike. I personally don't think the BMW cradle is all that great. A better solution would be the 2610 and a lockable mount from the gadgetguy.

the unit is a 2610..... not a 2620

remember, bmw isn't always honest about these issues

the other reason they compared those 2 units is because of the price... because the 2620 is tons less money than the nav ii

According to Garmin the Nav2 is not a 2610. It is a 2610 that has been beefed up by adding anti vibration circut boards inside. It also has a different screen that can withstand a gasoline splash. It also has some extra circuts that allow it to communicate with the Nav2 mount. There are a few other things that are different that I can't think of now. According the Garmin tech support person I spoke to the Nav2 is much better suited to motorcycle use than the 2610.

I would expect them to say exactly that.

The gasoline thing is important if you mount the GPS on the bars where gas can splash on it. Not sure about the rest of the comments, but I have used a 2610 on another bike as long as the unit has been available and never a problem. The BMW cradle is the biggest difference. If you think you want the couple extra buttons rather than carrying the remote, then go for it. I thought I needed them, but really don't use them much at all.

• 3 months later...

I apparently like wasting money as well... I just ordered the Nav II + unit... $1300 with $100 shop discount and $100 BMW refund... I figured $1100 was a heck of alot better than the quotes I got earlier this year that were in the $1500 range.

Joe

all that said...

i STILL bought the nav ii plus because i wanted the bmw holder and buttons and all the bells and whistles that came with it..... and i like wasting money

the 2610 is a much better deal

greg

Personally, I really like the buttons. I use them mostly to zoom in/out, but the esc is handy too. They're easy to find and have a good tactile response, so I'm less focused on the GPS, and more at the task at hand.

-B

I spent $260 for BMW’s advance mount thinking the Navigator II was a cosmetically enhanced version of 2610.

I was wrong... those additional buttons on side ain't work with 2610. eek.gif

Archived