IGNORED

Are you staying at the Swiss Villiage Inn?

Buck

I'm just curious how many are booking rooms there, since it is where the Iron Horse is sending their overflow.

Candi and I will be there Oct 6th-9th.

I took a room at Swiss and blocked two others. One is for someone who is out of the country. I'll release that one in a few days if he doesn't want it. The other I can release now to anyone interested, although I'm sure they still have some open rooms left. So Buck...are you going Guzzi or RT?

Brother Jake said he's bagged us something elsewhere, but come with those digits anyway someone. Can't hurt to book twice. 'Sides, The Swiss Miss Moto Friendly Kinda Place sounds like it may turn into the hot spot. wink.gif

It was definitely a moto-friendly place - good parking, next to restaurants (and a well-stocked liquor store) - looked nice enough.

Be advised that it is located at the NE corner of the intersection of 62 and 23 - you couldn't find a busier place in ES. Walking distance to everything, hearing distance to everything, if that's your thing.

"So Buck...are you going Guzzi or RT?"

I don't think I'll be taking the Guzzi. After all, it's a BMWRT.com Unrally. Besides, I trust my BMW rides more than the Guzzi at this point. It still has to prove itself.

Maybe I'll take the toaster

toast.JPG

It doesn't go anywhere in a hurry, but it does put out a beautiful shower of sparks when leaned properly into a curve smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aah, NOT. A note of "caution" re: the Swiss Village Inn...I stayed there during our club's ride last October. As "luck" would have it, I was given a room at the end of the motel about 5 yds. from the highway. On the highway, at exactly that point, there is a serious downgrade and a curve. I am a SOUND sleeper, but many times during thhose two night, I was awakened by 18 wheelers loudly downshifting on the curve and then revving back up through the gears as they headed up the other side.

My advice, if you book a room there, make SURE you don't get anything close to the highway.

Archived