ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW

a great number of you already have one.

on your advice i bought one for my 12GS

great customer service

i ordered it online on saturday, sept.3 at 0427

regular mail USPS

3-day holiday weekend

it got here to my house in florida TODAY...

the 1st possible day after the vacation

how is that even possible

can't wait to try it out

greg

www.alaskaleather.com

I had mine on my bike before I even paid for it.

Of course, I was in the store in anchorage at the time, lol.

Barb focuses on great service, I have heard many times of people paying by check, and having the seat pad before they put the check in the mail.

ClearwaterBMW

i can't wait to go riding with that pad, but my LT is mad at me for ignoring her for so long..... so, the GS will have to wait

greg

I will say only this: My Alaska Leather Seat pad saved my Iron Butt Rally. I packed it last minute and desperately needed it by the end of the second day. I cannot stress enough how valuable it was.

ClearwaterBMW
I will say only this: My Alaska Leather Seat pad saved my Iron Butt Rally. I packed it last minute and desperately needed it by the end of the second day. I cannot stress enough how valuable it was.

this is the best endorsement you can get

greg

I made my own from a sheepskin my brother sent me from New Zealand, it makes a HUGE difference in comfort, especially on hot days:

35090108-M.jpg

The tanning process that the NZ sheepskin went through makes it machine washable. Is your Alaska Leather pad washable?? Wy wife tells me we need them on our other bikes....

Caution - hide it away at the first hint of rain, it's like a freakin' sponge and takes FOREVER to dry unless you stop at a laundromat tongue.gif.

I ordered mine and was shocked how quickly it arrived. Two days later a second ButtPad shows up. ??? I call & there was a snafu! They tell me to keep it or give it to a friend. I showed it to a salesman at my dealership & he buys it right out of my bike. frown.gif I send a check for the full amount to Alaska Leather. She wants to hire me as a salesman. LOL I bought an Airhawk for a bargain price of $150. Had it on the bike two weeks & it's sitting behind me in a pile. The ButtPad is more comfortable for my 310 pond butt.

ClearwaterBMW

Is your Alaska Leather pad washable??

it IS washable

with baby shampoo and a brush... the rinse off and shake dry... and put in the sun

i know this is a "family" forum.... but WHAT did you do with the sheep?

eek.gif

greg

...but WHAT did you do with the sheep?

Well, I'm not totally sure what the ultimate fate of the poor sheep was, but I suspect it became dinner for someone. My brother visited NZ many years ago, brought back skins for my sister and I, and I used it for several years for my babies to lounge around on (it was big, a full skin). Then after the babies grew up (20 and 23 y.o. now) it languished in a cedar chest for several decades until I got a NASTY case of Monkey Butt riding in Colorado last Summer. While suffering my way home I had this epiphany - Shep, the old sheepskin could help!!! So I cut it up and made covers for my K75 and RT and man, is it nice! That skin is about 25 years old and still looks brand new after a gentle washing.

My wife wants sheep skins for the dirt bikes, but I keep telling her all she needs to do is stand up on the pegs through the rough stuff and it won't be an issue, but she likes to stay firmly "planted" on the seat at all times.

ClearwaterBMW

i am considering buying another set for my LT, though i'm not sure i have needed them on long trips in the past... but we usuall ride with couples while on that bike, who only like riding 250-300 miles/day

i'd love to have some for that bike too

first of all, the service was so good/and the product as well/i wouldn't mind giving her another $100.00 for a set for the LT

it's nice to patronize nice folks who make good products for good prices

greg

Ditto on the great customer service. thumbsup.gif

With a Corbin, my comfort level was "almost there." The Buttpad completed the journey--it's very cushy on my tushy, and the benefit of air circulation "down there" on a hot day can't be overstated. Mine (front and rear) are black, so they look pretty nice on a black leather seat.

Caution - hide it away at the first hint of rain, it's like a freakin' sponge and takes FOREVER to dry unless you stop at a laundromat tongue.gif.

Also, keep it away from your dog.

eek.gif

My dog (boxer) is overly interested in the sheepskin pad for the pillion that mostly sits unused in the garage.

I highly recommend these sheepskin seat pads, too, especially in hot weather. I also second the fact that Alaska Leather is a great company to deal with.

I had mine on my bike before I even paid for it.

So did my son. That was at Lima and he was pondering whether it would fit, look OK, feel good etc. The guy in the booth told him to take it and put it on and either bring it back or come back and pay for it.

Pretty amazing, but I guess they know an honest face when they see one. (He came back and paid for it.)

I put one on my K12RS and like it too. As a bonus, the ones they sell at the rallies (seconds) are under $30. :D

-hank

Archived