IGNORED

Ride - On tire sealant

Lawman

Larry Grodsky did some testing of Ride-On and recommends it. I don't know whether or not he has any reason for bias but I respect his opinion. That being said, I have never used it.

I have used Ultraseal for a couple of years and had a puncture. It went down but it was a controlled deflation from 70mph and two up. It gets my vote! clap.gif

I've used Slime in my tyres for the last 4 years. No punctures that I know of.

The main criticism levelled at these products by tyre companies is that they work so well that you may be driving on a punctured, damaged tyre and not know it.

thumbsup.gif I've used Ride-On a few years and will in every tire I use. Never had proublem. When changing the tire none runs out. You can see a nice coating on the inside of the tire. Others I've used are a mess, run out all over my tire changer. As with any sealer you should check your tires ofter making sure nothing is sticking into the tire. Sealers can hide tire damage. I've read some RIDE-ON test, can't remember which magazine. You may want to do a search.
I've used Slime in my tyres for the last 4 years. No punctures that I know of.

The main criticism levelled at these products by tyre companies is that they work so well that you may be driving on a punctured, damaged tyre and not know it.

A balancing act ... have a puncture and wreck the bike immediately or have a puncture and have it slowed by sealant, so that you can stop it safely .. or ride on a tyre unknowingly sealed and it failing catastropically.

I ride with sealant but look at my tyres after each ride for signs of damage .. only answer in my mind

I had Ultraseal on my old bike and never had a puncture, got a very slow puncture whilst over in Ireland, lost 5lb of pressure every week, put Ultrasealinto both tyres and fixed the puncture for £25.00, thumbsup.gif

Steve Carter

i wAS uNDER the impression that the tire LIFE would be dramatically improved because of the tires running much cooler...plus the added selling point of the puncture protection.

No one here has mentioned that attribute.

So - do they run cooler or not..??

sIRrODNEY just bought this high priced stuff and is putting on both road bikes...he has yet to test it.

i wAS uNDER the impression that the tire LIFE would be dramatically improved because of the tires running much cooler...plus the added selling point of the puncture protection.

No one here has mentioned that attribute.

So - do they run cooler or not..??

sIRrODNEY just bought this high priced stuff and is putting on both road bikes...he has yet to test it.

I can't say if they run cooler or not, never tested them, but the bridgestones on my last bike lasted at least 9000 miles before I traded it for my current ride. Done nearly 5500 miles on the same bridgestones on my 12rt and still look good for perhaps another 5000, could be the Ultraseal.

Steve Carter

i wAS uNDER the impression that the tire LIFE would be dramatically improved because of the tires running much cooler

Hard to say. I got better mileage out of the original TrailWings on my V-Strom than a lot of other V-Strom riders, but that may have been my riding style or choice of roads as much as the effect of the Ride-On. That being said, I'm still using it.

Archived