IGNORED

Air hawk or sheepkin seat pad

moth

I've got both. The Airhawk is better on long rides, while the sheepskin is better in the twisties. You float around on the Airhawk and this is not always a good thing while moving around on the bike. The combo is hard to beat.

I recently purchased a sheep skin pad for my ride to Sturgis. Its nice, but I was still getting butt burn, so I stopped at a Walmart and spent four dollars on one of those inflatable 'donut' type cushions. I put the donut under the sheepskin and was riding 600 mile days with the set-up. So, $50 for the sheep skin and $4 for the donut. A little more economical than $180 plus for the airhawk, but I hear the airhawks are very good.

Regards,

Rick

If you can borrow an Airhawk and a sheepskin to try it would be a good idea. I love my sheepskin, have done 850+ days with it and without it on my Baileys seat. Have not tried the Airhawk, but doubt I will based on my current satisfaction level with the skin.

Bought and used both the skin and airhawk. the airhawk wins hands down. 750 miles in 13 hours, could not have done it without the airhawk. used the hawk on the standard r12rt seat. only takes a breath of air to make it work.

Ditto on the AirHawk over the sheepskin. I have both and for the longer days/trips, the AirHawk is "da' bomb." The sheepskin is more comfortable than stock, but not by as wide a margin as I expected.

TIP: IF you get an AirHawk, only use enough air to remove the pressure points on yer' butt. If you overinflate it as many seem to do, you will feel less stable on the seat. thumbsup.gif

Seems like a lot of us have both. I used the Alaska Leather sheepskin on my RT with a comfort seat, and it did well on 800 mile days. The sheepskin didn't work as well on my GS, so I got the Airhawk. It has worked well on a couple 700 mile days.

aIRHAWK...I put it on all the different bikes I've owned...also - sIRrODNEY used it for his romp on the 'Busa up to Duluth...he loved it too.!!

I bought both. Started with the ButtPad & went to the Airhawk. After two weeks in the Airhawk in now sits in my junk room & the ButtPad is back on my RT. I guess I didn't like sitting on a balloon. I tried every kind of air pressure & kept feeling like I was squishing off the bike with the Airhawk. To each jis own!

Archived