IGNORED

Tank Bags 1150RT

Architekt2

Anyone with a 2002 1150RT using a tank bag. Can you give me some advice on which bag fits on the tank. I believe I should be looking at a strap bag in stead of a magnetic type tank bag. Regarding size - nothing large and not to small.......somewhere in the middle, but should have a provision for a map and preferable as waterproof as well.

Specific tank bag model suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a mid-size Wunderlich for around town and commuting. It is about 3" high, with a nice map pocket, and will hold the wallet, cell phone, PDA, notebook, etc. Avail from Santa Cruz BMW. They also make a map pocket only.

For trips I have the BMW full size Multivario style bag. Both of these setups use straps and have nice pads to protect the tank. I am quite sure that the R1100/R1150 are the same.

I'm using the Bagster system also. I have two different sizes of bags. A small one for everyday use and a big one for when I travel two up. I leave the tank bra on all the time on two of my bikes.

I use the Marsee 25 litre teardrop tank bag (strap-on version). It's well made and comes with a raincover. The map window is a little small.

VladtheImpaler

I use the Wolfman Explorer. Fits nice and snug, although the bars hit the bag when making hard turns. The Marsee Teardrop is another option. The Marsee is oval shaped and the handlebars may not hit it.

Thanks everyone for the advice, info and pictures. You've made it a bit easier for me to make a decision. I just have to buy one of each recommendation and settle on one of them. The rest return for store credit! Once again thanks very much!! thumbsup.gif

Archived