IGNORED

Fall BRR?

DavidEBSmith

DavidEBSmith

Since I'm sitting here planning my unpaid leave days for the rest of the year - are there plans for a fall BRR? And would it most likely be the weekend of October 9-11?

OK, Ok, ok.....

We're still waiting on a confirmation from the hotel on our rate, and Shawn is in China right now so coordination is a bit, shall we say, difficult...

However...

Shawn, Shannon and I have done some of the arduous dirty work of scouting the area. There are some mighty fine roads in the area and we have assembled a few routes already. We're looking for some locals and other riders who have some knowledge of extreme NE TN, SE KY and even far NW NC.

I am working on a side trip with a special twist, and we're still working the details of how the group dinner and Friday cookout will take shape but things are definitely positive.

The rough details are as follows:

Dates: October 2-4

Place: Williamsburg, KY

The hotel is the Cumberland Inn.. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOTEL YET........... I don't want to have unpack my angry eyes!

potato_2.gif

Yes, but are there any restaurants that serve a good Reuben in the area?!!! I mean, what is a fall BRR without someone stealing my Reuben! :dopeslap:

Can I call the hotel now?

How about now?

Paul Mihalka

WOW! This would be PERFECT! I hope to ride out to Torrey UT to join the gang on 9/24 to 9/27. On the way back I can come via NM, OK, AR, TN, and be in eastern Kentucky on Friday 10/2, ride home Sunday/Monday. It's a plan! :thumbsup:

Just went through there on the way back from MOA.... what info you looking for? Sounds like an interesting location.

I guess I've been "away" from the board for too long... What's BRR? Blue Ridge Rendezvous? Please excuse my ignorance; it only seems to get worse as the years roll by.

Doug

David asked that the El Paseo name for the eastern semi-annual meet be retired. Matt and Shawn took up the reins and held a name contest resulting in BRR. This fall's event will be the 4th, I believe. Matt and Shawn have organized them all. I think they maintain a separate website for it.

BMW_Rider, please send me a PM and I'll tell you what we're looking for in the area specifically. PS... one of my best friends used to live up there in the birthplace of Women's Temperance!

Thanks for the explanation Jan!

Here's the site with info on the previous 3 Blue Ridge Rendezvous events. BRR

PS... one of my best friends used to live up there in the birthplace of Women's Temperance!

LOL, well that's fitting because I can pretty much gaurantee you that county, and all the counties around it are dry. :eek::grin:

That's true Albert, but just a scant 10 miles away you cross the TN border into Jellico and there's a wondrous drive in beer store.

Those traveling up north of the hotel toward Richmond, KY can find spirits and all nature of things.

Then again, KY has some other charms to soothe the senses but I'm not sure I would ride to them.

David asked that the El Paseo name for the eastern semi-annual meet be retired. Matt and Shawn took up the reins and held a name contest resulting in BRR. This fall's event will be the 4th, I believe. Matt and Shawn have organized them all. I think they maintain a separate website for it.

Thanks! This is close enough that I may be able to attend now that I live in western Virginia. I spent 34 years living in Wyoming and riding every road in the West, so after two years in the East I'm just getting familiar with some great roads here. My sweetie says it's a State Law - there will be NO straight roads in Virginia! That seems to be true for WV, NC, SC, and all the rest. This country is just GORGEOUS in October, but watch for deer, leaves and acorns and black walnuts and... on the roads in Fall!

213319033_FrF2W-XL.jpg

Doug

That's an awesome place to hold it. Some of the best roads in the entire southest are just north of Oliver Springs. For anyone wanting to do dirt bike riding, there's a massive amount of trails at OHV near Oak Ridge.

I was excited about coming this year, but we bought concert tickets for a show at the Ryman that Friday night months ago. Argh.

UGH! This is a BAD weekend for me :mad: BUT I had soooo much fun in WV with you guys, that I'm thinking of playing hookie with my other club obligations. :grin:

I was hoping to attend again this fall. My wife and I have season tickets for Michigan State Univ. football games, and they play the rodents from Ann Arbor that Saturday. I can't miss that game.

I was hoping to attend again this fall. My wife and I have season tickets for Michigan State Univ. football games, and they play the rodents from Ann Arbor that Saturday. I can't miss that game.

Go Blue!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Just FYI, a wolverine ain't a rodent: it's just a stinky-ass weasel.

That's not the SEC, so it's not really football... I mean, Big Ten and Penn? Come on and go riding, sell those tickets to pay for the trip!

We'll miss you, but Brutus the Buckeye will mock you casually from the hotel...

Eagads, 2-4 Oct? Hmmm ... I'm going to have to be tentative on this one. Will have been in Italy for the two weeks prior and don't know if I'll be able to evade work for even more days during my first week back.

But we'll see. I do so want to attend BRR!

Just FYI, a wolverine ain't a rodent: it's just a stinky-ass weasel.

OK. They're playing the weasels from Ann Arbor. That's just a good.

Yes, but are there any restaurants that serve a good Reuben in the area?!!! I mean, what is a fall BRR without someone stealing my Reuben! :dopeslap:

Can I call the hotel now?

How about now?

Patience young man!! ;)

That's an awesome place to hold it. Some of the best roads in the entire southest are just north of Oliver Springs. For anyone wanting to do dirt bike riding, there's a massive amount of trails at OHV near Oak Ridge.

I was excited about coming this year, but we bought concert tickets for a show at the Ryman that Friday night months ago. Argh.

No excuse David ... I can tell you from experience that you can be there in plenty of time for Saturday dinner even if leave by 9:00 a.m. (which is plenty of sleep after a concert at the Ryman!) :grin:

UGH! This is a BAD weekend for me :mad: BUT I had soooo much fun in WV with you guys, that I'm thinking of playing hookie with my other club obligations. :grin:

Oh, I hope you can make it ... I was bummed to miss the WV ride and would enjoy meeting a fellow BB :wave:

Eagads, 2-4 Oct? Hmmm ... I'm going to have to be tentative on this one. Will have been in Italy for the two weeks prior and don't know if I'll be able to evade work for even more days during my first week back.

But we'll see. I do so want to attend BRR!

Come on Craig ... don't MAKE me call you a "Wuss" :rofl:

No excuse David ... I can tell you from experience that you can be there in plenty of time for Saturday dinner even if leave by 9:00 a.m. (which is plenty of sleep after a concert at the Ryman!) :grin:

Try that when you're my age!

Paul Mihalka

Try that when you're my age!

All you kids talking about age. You don't know what you are talking about... and I hope you'll find out... :grin:

Patience? What's that?!!

Come on now Shannon, you know I don't have patience. So....

Can I call now? :grin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. :clap:

Jim

Wait - a BRR without a TyTass? WooHoo!!! I have a chance of getting my own lunch! :clap::clap::clap:

It won't be the same without you, Craig.... you HAVE to sneak away. Don't leave me alone with Matt.......

Vicious_Cycler

+1, and if you're going to Oliver SPrings and the Devils Triangle, shoot up/down 29/27 to Sunbright,TN and Lou's Cafe. Lou's was featured on Alton Brown's first Feasting On Asphalt. Rode through last year and had a stellar cheeseburger. Nice folks. Warning: call ahead Lou said she may sell the place, (423)628-9164.

Royal Blue and Cold Creek are good GS destinations also.

David, who's playing the Ryman?‎

Paul Mihalka
Aw hell, since David is not in, I might as well do a ride-by and let him be there in spirit...

:thumbsup:

Allen Rowand

If I can get someone to cover the gig I'm supposed to do in Denver I might be in, which would be great since I can't make the UN.

Any idea when there'll be more details? I'm itchin' for a trip!

Archived