IGNORED

The Party Agenda

Jake

Hey all - things look good so far, eh? Thanks for the support!

Soliciting your thoughts regarding how the three days should go. It's far too early to "ink" any of this stuff, but it might help shape our route planning, and the info we provide on the forthcoming Un2 website.

While there will be a minimum of scheduled activities, I would imagine that they would include the breakfast gatherings each morning, and the dinners.

We met with Jerry Bradford, Owner of Bentonville BMW, who is excited to sponsor a hamburger/hotdog lunch during that week for any takers. While one might think about waving the vendor-violation flag, Jerry is about as laid-back as they come, has a pristine well-appointed shop, and there's a heck of a morning ride Murray's got planned to get there from ES. Sooo, whadda ya think about the following agenda:

TUESDAY

AM: Breakfast/Registration/T-shirts/Announcements

Ride all day

PM: Dinner at Iron Horse "Welcome2U B-B-Q"color=red>

WEDNESDAY

AM: Breakfast/Announcements

1/2 day ride

Noon: Lunch at Bentonville BMW

1/2 day ride

PM: Fend for yourself - do the town, shop till ya drop.

THURSDAY

AM: Breakfast/Announcements

Ride all day

PM: Dinner at Iron Horse "Tamale Finale"color=red>

Iron Horse will provide us with a vehicle to shuttle people to and from town if necessary, but our numbers will overwhelm our ability to do this. The Trolley doesn't go out as far as Iron Horse, but with a little BMWRT.com pursuasion, maybe we can convince them we're worth the extra mile. Maybe pick one evening for that - say Wed for the members' use. The Town is definitely worth it.

Run it through your mind - is 2 enough dinners? Is lunch at BMW worth supporting? etc.

Thanks dudes, and dudette. wink.gif

After seeing the lay of the land, I think that all works really well. There are some stellar joints in town that some folks will want to try, ie. Rogues. I can vouch for Jerry being one laid back guy. I know that you haven't forgotten Marty's Pie If we can get the trolley people to drive out to Iron Horse...that would be terrific. Hey, afterall, Phil did win the election!

Here's a thought...

I think it's nice to have an open dinner night rather than three scheduled dinners, but we might want to add a standing pre-dinner soda/beer get together for each day in one location. Casual apres-shower and shave meeting place to sit back and tell the tales of the day prior to any dinner plans. You know, a little sunset, beer drinkin', scotch sippin', tale tellin' meeting place for anyone who's interested...somewhere to plant the flag for the three days.

Darn, you are good at this - sounds prefect to me.

We can sick our political wing on the trolley people with the help of their newly elected offical. James, might want to see how Phil feels about supporting this idea.

One other thought - Early Registration. We will certainly want to meet Tuesday morning for breakfast, meeting etc. But I will be there Sunday. We could hold early registration some time Monday, possibly from 5 to 9 in the evening. I'm in the Blue Room in the main building. That might ease up on the activities for Tuesday, especially if we have 200 - 300 people.

Jake: You gotta great party planned. I think two dinners is enough considering the great eating joints in Eureka Springs. One of the highlights for me at Gunnison was getting to know people at the resturants. I think the proposed lunch at Bentonville BMW fits the sprit of UN. The dealer is not on site, folks can get additional route information about great roads (I get routes from Jerry all the time), there's free food and a couple of interesting roads across from Eureka Springs. wink.gif

We can sick our political wing on the trolley people with the help of their newly elected offical. James, might want to see how Phil feels about supporting this idea.

Peter, I'm already one step ahead of you. Based on the Cycle World thread in "Ride Together" I thought the NJ contingent would be more comfortable going into town by boat laugh.gif Phil has agreed to re-open one of the town's old canals for your group. I believe I can also twist his arm into loaning us some rowboats. smile.gif

Jake, here are my thoughts.

Two dinners are enough, and they should be first (so people can get to know each other) and last (so that we can end the event as a group).

I think early registration is a good idea because two-thirds of the group will be there the night before, probably, and because it'll relieve the line that next morning.

I don't like the idea of a lunch at Bentonville. It's not a big deal to me, but I think we've worked super hard at keeping it an UnRally, and there was the feeling that we didn't want any vendor involvement except sponsoring events (with a mention and with a banner over the table, like we did). I suppose it's different in that it has a totally optional feel. And I guess it might be nice to have SOME place to meet up with folks after a half day of riding. Related to this, we should decide if we want to do the giveaways like we did last year (windshield, seat, light brackets, packing bags, etc.). I'd vote no on that front, too, though with all these things I'll gladly go with the majority. The site is free and without any commercial solicitation, and it seems like the UnRally shouldn't be any different.

Piggybacking on Voodoo's idea, I like the idea of some gathering Wednesday night, though I wouldn't have it before supper. I'd have a campfire and such around 8p. Maybe something real simple, or maybe nothing at all. But just some specific place/time to gather after a good day of riding.

Last year we talked about a Tech Day and decided to not do one the first year. If you decide that you want to, I'd suggest Wed am...maybe at Bentonville BMW! smile.gif

We might also schedule another "Riding Seminar," though for variety we could have someone else teach it. I nominate VoodooHead.

recourses said: We might also schedule another "Riding Seminar," though for variety we could have someone else teach it. I nominate VoodooHead.

Wow shocked.gifshocked.gif Don't really know if I'm qualified, but...I'd love an excuse to bring my crayons and big wooden ruler!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I don't like the idea of a lunch at Bentonville.

That was sort of the feeling I had, and for the reasons David stated.

However, the owner does sound like a nice guy and I'm sure people could stop by and visit his place on a casual basis, or he could even be invited to participate in some of the events/rides as an individual, if that is not against our policy.

David beat me to it. Early registration from, say, 3p-6p on Monday would take a LOT of the load off of Tues. AM, what with opening ceremonies, etc. to get through on that morning.

As for Bentonville, let's just make it one of many possible destinations for that day. I don't think we need to be fed. Besides, most of us will be strangers in a strange land and I wanna get me somma Granny Clampett's fried possum fritters (sorry Emerson). I can get Hot Dogs anywhere. You know. . .when in Rome. . .

Well, one destination is that pie place that Jake and T Roe ate at....Marty's in Bentonville. I was going to get to sample it...and Jake was salivating all over the car upholstery...but the joint was closed. The ride to the BMW shop is a beautiful ride (and we took the short way!) and the pie place is just a little beyond it.

Yeeha! Stephen

"Well, one destination is that pie place..."

Hooooo Boooooy!!!

That's a "Callin' " to us Texas Boys.

Kinda like "Remember the Alamo!"

Well if you like BBQ there is a nice little place in Jasper,AR in the heart of twisty country and they have a room we could reserve. Also there is a nice little place in Ozark, at the end of the pig trail, and it's BBQ is pretty good. On Wednesday, I'm heading down to Ozark for some BBQ, or at least that's where I'm headed today. :) Yeaha Steven I'll help with early registration. Man, it's going to be a long Winter. :(

Archived