IGNORED

I'm Good To Go

Nice n Easy Rider

Nice n Easy Rider

Twenty months ago I decided to start riding again after a 15-yr hiatus that included 3 knee surgeries (one a total replacement) and a cervical fusion (all probably a result of osteoarthritis). I wasn't sure how far I would get. I rode for about 10 months but my lower back got so bad I could hardly walk. So I went and had the lower back surgery in November with the hope I would get to attend my first UN rally in August.

My recovery progressed well but I was still uncertain as to whether I could do the 500-mile day I figured I'd need to get to Lancaster in 2 days from Chapel Hill. The most I had done thus far was 350. So Quinn (Durham) was going to attend the MOA rally in Johnson City this weekend. I offered my company for part of the way to Tenn. To make a long story short, I covered 460 miles today and my knees (new Suburban Machinery lowered pegs) and butt (BeadRider) felt great as long as I got off the bike for a few minutes every 1-1 1/4 hours or so.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm good-to-go and looking forward to meeting you all at the UN in Lancaster in a few weeks. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that this is all working out. See you soon. :)

If anyone deserves to make the trip, you sure do. After all that it's terrific you got good results. We'll see you in New Hampshire!

Excellent, George!

You must have listened to your physical therapist too!

I'll buy you a beer in Lancaster and we can swap recovery lies... I mean stories. :)

Eric aka Hippy

Nice n Easy Rider

Thanks for all the good wishes. Hope to see you all in a little over 3 weeks. :wave:

Archived