IGNORED

Roadside assistance

pip

I've had AAA for a long time (their auto coverage). I thought I would be automatically covered for my bike. I needed a tow in Louisianna (I'm from SF) & called them. After some discussion they agreed to pay the first $60 of a tow. Then they referred me to a motorcycle tow service (I think they use as a subcontractor)

BTW AAA does not own any rolling equipment. They have relationships (agreements)with subcontractors, and are just like a booking service. They also act for smaller foreign car companies (under the manufacturers name) as part of the warranty. When I call for help on my 800 Porche tel #, it's triple A who answers as the manufacturer.

ShovelStrokeEd

Marek,

To have AAA cover your bikes you need their RV package. Annual fee is $110. I have used it twice. You get 100 miles of free tow which, if you live in the west, may not be enough. I've been lucky so far.

My company picks up the $60 basic fee since the 10% hotel rate discount gets them their money back in about 10 weeks. I even it out on my leisure travel for the rest.

The KOA deal actually looks better in terms of the towing milage.

Another vote for KOA's RV Roadhelp

And another!!!

When I tossed my GS 2 miles short of the AC on the Dempster this July they got the wreckage (and me cool.gif ) from Eagle Plains to Dawson to Whitehorse for ZIP, NADA, ZILCH! I didn't even have to sign a receipt. If the tow is due to an accident (as mine was) they will also pay up to $1K in expenses for the first 72 hours...as they did for me

Truly a most massive thumbsup.gif

My insurance company (Foremost) also covers towing to NEAREST DEALER (no deductible or co-payment); it cost $7 extra for the 1-yr policy (a bargain). Threw the BMW joke of roadside assistance to the garbage.

Threw the BMW joke of roadside assistance to the garbage.

My experience with BMW: Sir, is your car an M-C-Y? Do you have a spare tire? (etc. etc. etc.) A joke at best, and your sense of humor had better be intact...

Archived