IGNORED

Green Light Trigger

EMZ

Hi All,

I have purchased a Green Light Trigger and am curious if anybody has experience with this product.

I have a'96 R1100RT and would like to know where people have mounted it.

Thanks,

Eric

I had one on my R1150RT and it definitely worked. There is a traffic light near my old house that I couldn't trigger until I put the Green Light Trigger on the bike. Worked every time there after. I had it mounted on the sidestand. I haven't put it on the R12RT yet.

An R1150RT Rider in Boynton Beach, Fl was having trouble getting the gate to open in his gated community. I talked him into buying the Green Light Trigger but it didn't help. He finally got his home owner's association to arrange a checkup for the loop sensor. That fixed the problem.

Do a search on this topic in the archives; you will find a lot of info, some for, most against, and some great info on how the loops work.

FWIW, I bought the equivalent Gauss magnets at Radio Shack for Much less,

and even added some larger disk magnets to create a larger field.

Still no effect.

FWIW, I bought the equivalent Gauss magnets at Radio Shack for Much less,

and even added some larger disk magnets to create a larger field.

Still no effect.

You don't need magnets, you need more metal on your bike, but then it would be a car.

The sensor in the ground is a coil, not a reed switch.

And if people think they work, its probably because they've positioned their motorcycle "just right" over the coil. Where I live, they paint 3 yellow dots on the pavement. That is where I stop when waiting for the light to change...and if it doesn't, then the light gets treated as "defective".

As a retired engineer, I worked this topic with the manufacturer of the traffic coil sensing systems to determine the theoretical possibilities. There were none. See my summary post of about a month ago.

Archived