IGNORED

XM and GPS don't like each other

Whip

Severals times in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Alberta the GPS would lose it's satellite on clear days without a cloud in the sky....I noticed if I turn off the XM, the GPS would jump to life...turn the XM back on and the GPS would lose the satellite.......what up??????????????? dopeslap.gif

ClearwaterBMW

that's weird....

soon i will have my garmin gpsmap 376C.... that has gps and xm in one unit

hope they figure that out

it really shouldn't happen that way. anyone have any ideas?

greg

Severals times in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Alberta the GPS would lose it's satellite on clear days without a cloud in the sky....I noticed if I turn off the XM, the GPS would jump to life...turn the XM back on and the GPS would lose the satellite.......what up??????????????? dopeslap.gif

Are you using an older Roady? There is a known problem with them. They lack RF sheilding. I heard that if you have an older Roady you can send it in for repair or replacement. Don't know exactly what the procedure is tho.

no sense sending the unit in, just get a new roady 2. I think they run about 45.00 and include a new attenna.

the Roady 2 is shielded and so far, YMMV, I have not heard of anyone having a problem with a Roady 2 interfering with a GPS.

My original Roady did interfere with my Garmin 276C even after sending it in for replacement. I have since replaced the Roady with a Roady 2 and have not had any trouble at all.

Archived