IGNORED

BMWST Classifieds

Bud

I just received a tank bag bought off this forum. I have bought and sold many different items and have never had a bad transaction. Folks here are as honest as the day is long.

What a refreshing change of place in today's environment.

I just received a tank bag bought off this forum. I have bought and sold many different items and have never had a bad transaction. Folks here are as honest as the day is long.

What a refreshing change of place in today's environment.

I'll second that. Bikes that are a cut above=people that are, too.

+1

Not only have the Classifieds been great, I've saved a bundle on easy fixes, buying the right product the first time, and other great advice on the forums.

Tough to beat.

Agreed. Great owners mean great sellers which mean great transactions on the classifieds.

However, ya have to be kind of careful if the guy just registered on the forum, has only a few posts, and is selling his brand new 2009 R1200RT for $6900 because he urgently needs to buy his kids in Nigeria braces. :grin:

- Scott

Agreed. I have purchased a few items and all transaction have gone well. I even received a bonus with the bag liners I purchased. NOT so on the IBMWR.......

Can't agree more. Bought lots of stuff, even traded things. Sent stuff without payment first and received the other parties stuff in return the same way. Talk about trust. It's a circle of gentlemen... and ladies of course.

Then there are the "Rules". I see a thing I want badly, hit the "Reply" button quickly and try to be the first. Then I remember, sh.t, not supposed to do it that way. There goes the e-mail or PM. Mostly I am too late anyways. I bet there are people watching this thing day and night with really quick triggers.

Anyways, it's always been a pleasure.

Hats off to the people who run it!

I totally agree: I've bought and sold good stuff using the classifieds here and got acquainted with some very nice people. But let's keep things in balance.

I learned (re-learned) a valuable lesson when I bought a used TwinMax here a while ago. It arrived with an inoperative potentiometer and was totally unuseable. Cheaters are everywhere; we may have a lower percentage of them in our community, but they're here...

I've bought and sold here too and echo the positive comments. Going back to CompuServe days on their forums, I've never been ripped off on any transaction.

Recently I've had good luck selling excess stuff on Amazon. (no affiliations)

I frequent the ADVRider forum as well, often just for the giggles, no political correctness oversight there, and happy to report bought and sold a few items with only good things to say...

Can't say as much for eBay however. Even after speaking to the seller on the phone 3 times to confirm pickup time and directions while enroute to the meeting point, he was a no show.

Turns out the 'covered up to $2000.00 on this sale' statement by eBay only applied to 'Power Sellers', not me...My re-embursement from Paypal of 332.00 still left me out 1,400.00.

Lessons learned,

Jim

Bill_Walker

I, too, have had great luck with our classifieds. Heck, I even bought my bike there (but it was a local deal)! Lessee, got an Autocom, some mirrors, I think some other stuff. Haven't sold anything though, that I recall. Anybody want to buy a complete factory radio setup for an 1150RT?

CoarsegoldKid
I, too, have had great luck with our classifieds. Heck, I even bought my bike there (but it was a local deal)! Lessee, got an Autocom, some mirrors, I think some other stuff. Haven't sold anything though, that I recall. Anybody want to buy a complete factory radio setup for an 1150RT?

Not to throw cold water on the party but I know someone who did not have a pleasant experience on this forum's classified ads. So burns can still happen.

Sometimes folks say we are a little arogant because we treat folks with "few" posts "distantly". On the classifieds, there is a reason. Most of us who have been here for several years are known people with known addresses and phone number and can be generally treated as "trusted agents". That is the way I've seen it here with no exceptions. I'm sure there are rip-offs, and possibly honest missunderstandings but compared to most of the other fora, ours classifieds are a breath of fresh air.

.... NOT so on the IBMWR.......

Is that a known problem? That site has always looked a little, um, unkempt to me....

+1 on the experience here. I've bought and sold a number of < $500 things and it's always gone extremely well.

As many have already stated, I, too, have have bought and sold more than a few items on this forum, as well as having purchased items that have had "good" recommendations by users. I've shipped items before payment has been received and not worried about it. I want to think that Beemer riders are a cut above the rest. Maybe I'll get burned someday, but I really doubt it, not on this board. The honest answers and respectful dialogue posted here removes a lot of doubt for me. There are no sure things in life, except death and ...

Rick

Sometimes folks say we are a little arogant because we treat folks with "few" posts "distantly". On the classifieds, there is a reason. Most of us who have been here for several years are known people with known addresses and phone number and can be generally treated as "trusted agents". That is the way I've seen it here with no exceptions. I'm sure there are rip-offs, and possibly honest missunderstandings but compared to most of the other fora, ours classifieds are a breath of fresh air.

I think that is a good statement John.

I have had great luck with the folks here that I have bought and sold from, even when I was a new guy, but in general I think many of the assembled faithful here look at a classifieds transaction as "helping a friend" instead of making a buck and that is a very good thing in my opinion.

I have had great luck with the folks here that I have bought and sold from, even when I was a new guy, but in general I think many of the assembled faithful here look at a classifieds transaction as "helping a friend" instead of making a buck and that is a very good thing in my opinion.

+1 :thumbsup: Well said; I believe you're right about that.

+1 :thumbsup: Well said; I believe you're right about that.

+ 2.... I concur. I have have very good luck (knock on wood) both buying and selling.

Dave

.... NOT so on the IBMWR.......

Is that a known problem? That site has always looked a little, um, unkempt to me....

+1 on the experience here. I've bought and sold a number of < $500 things and it's always gone extremely well.

I have had 2 transactions go bad on IBMWR marketplace. One was for an RT, the other for gear.

Not everything is rosy in the classifieds.

There have been some recent complaints that one poster was selling "the most awesome riding jacket ever" which, giving him/her the benefit of the doubt, is perhaps believable. However, after the sale this was quickly followed by a sale of "the second most awesome riding jacket ever".

I think it's extremely unlikely that both "the most awesome" and "the second most awesome" riding jackets would wind up in the possession of the same person, unless of course that person was a collector of awesome riding jackets, which I don't believe is the case.

It wouldn't be proper to post the name of the seller, put send me a PM by this frickin' friday and I will let you know.

Paul Mihalka

There have been some recent complaints that one poster was selling "the most awesome riding jacket ever" which, giving him/her the benefit of the doubt, is perhaps believable. However, after the sale this was quickly followed by a sale of "the second most awesome riding jacket ever".

I think it's extremely unlikely that both "the most awesome" and "the second most awesome" riding jackets would wind up in the possession of the same person, unless of course that person was a collector of awesome riding jackets, which I don't believe is the case.

It wouldn't be proper to post the name of the seller, put send me a PM by this frickin' friday and I will let you know.

:rofl:

:thumbsup:

Joe Frickin' Friday

You are no doubt referring to this, the most awesome jacket - and this, the second most awesome jacket. I suspect your bitterness is rooted in the fact that you missed an opportunity to partake of such an awesome opportunity.

FWIW, those jackets weren't awesome when I bought them; they slowly became awesome through years of close proximity to me as I rode, at awesome speed and with awesome style, to awesome places and hung out with awesome people. I have two fairly new jackets in my closet now. They're pretty darn good, but they're not awesome yet; give them some time.

I will be at the awesome Unrally next month, by which time my current jackets should be measurably awesome. Hope to see you there. That would be...

awesome.

:wave:

As a newcomer who has yet to meet any of you, though I am sure looking forward to it, I have to say that this site never fails to educate and entertain me.

Thanks for the laugh!

Ewell

You are no doubt referring to this, the most awesome jacket - and this, the second most awesome jacket. I suspect your bitterness is rooted in the fact that you missed an opportunity to partake of such an awesome opportunity.

FWIW, those jackets weren't awesome when I bought them; they slowly became awesome through years of close proximity to me as I rode, at awesome speed and with awesome style, to awesome places and hung out with awesome people. I have two fairly new jackets in my closet now. They're pretty darn good, but they're not awesome yet; give them some time.

I will be at the awesome Unrally next month, by which time my current jackets should be measurably awesome. Hope to see you there. That would be...

awesome.

:wave:

Awesomely clever posts, dudes.

Archived