IGNORED

Lowrance GPS

RodB

Hi all,

I'm gathering info for a future GPS purchase. I've seen an ad for the Lowrance iWAY 500C, combination GPS and MP3 player. Anyone have any comments on this unit?

Rod

I got one of few weeks ago. It's a great unit, hugh touch screen (w 3d disply) and music to boot and Verbal directions.

Comes with two ram mounts (for car & bike) and a plug cord to hot wire to your car radio, so your downloaded music can play thru some nice speakers.

There were two objections when I ordered mine and it was the trip routing (way points). This was resolved with the software upgrade released last week. You can't plan your trip on your pc.

The second was a hard drive and when I received the unit I found it very heavy (2lbs+). I was concerned about shock shutting the hard drive off, so I mounted the unit like this:

http://www.sport-touring.net/cgi-bin/msg...=ST;f=2;t=36779

If you do get one - exercise caution when plugging the unit into the rear receptacle. I bent a pin and sent it back for repair/replacement.

I don't think it's suitable for off road. But it's great for the car (in which it will get more use).

Archived