IGNORED

MotoGP season video passes now at 50% off

Boffin

Linky

The video passes give you a choice of normal or hi-res, access to live timing screens (all timing points), live QP, free practice, warm-up and races. Also video library with highlights back to mid 1990s and full races from 2002 up to the latest race.

Available formats:

Hi-Res: 720x400 px at 1000kbps

Standard quality: 533x300 px at 500kbps

Low quality: 480x288 px at 250kbps.

Hi-res access is 45Euro, Standard 27Euro. There is no separate price for low-res.

Andy

russell_bynum

Dang...I knew I shoulda waited. I bought mine at the start of the season for full price.

:grin:

markgoodrich

Okay, I got the half-price deal, but am befuddled by the technical stuff.

1. How do I watch the videos full-screen instead of in a tiny window? I intend to hook the computer up to my television, so I can watch on the hi-def big screen, as I do with Netflix "watch instantly" movies.

2. How to I control the videos, such as pause, go back, etc?

I've installed the latest Adobe Flash Player.

I'll be very disappointed if I have to watch a screen the size of an iPhone.

TIA, please type slowly, so I can understand.

markgoodrich
Okay, I got the half-price deal, but am befuddled by the technical stuff.

1. How do I watch the videos full-screen instead of in a tiny window? I intend to hook the computer up to my television, so I can watch on the hi-def big screen, as I do with Netflix "watch instantly" movies.

2. How to I control the videos, such as pause, go back, etc?

I've installed the latest Adobe Flash Player.

I'll be very disappointed if I have to watch a screen the size of an iPhone.

TIA, please type slowly, so I can understand.

Never mind, I figured out how to make it full screen. I hope I can get the resolution better (I bought the hi-res package); it's very pixelated, and I have a pretty high-res computer screen.

Hi-res is only 720x400, which is about half of what the average computer monitor is set to.

markgoodrich
Hi-res is only 720x400, which is about half of what the average computer monitor is set to.

Thanks, Boffin, turned out all I had to do was connect the television and reboot; the computer recognized the tv's resolution; picture is not bad in the hi-res offer; not quite HD, but better than standard U. S. broadcast.

I'm still not clear on whether I have to watch practice and qualifying live...it's always on before dawn here in Texas.

Archived