IGNORED

Side case - rubber bump

RodB

I lost one of the rubber bumps on the bottom of the side cases and ordered a new one ($5.00) My question here is: what would be a good glue/procedure to bond this bump?

What kind of material would it be attached to; plastic? I had to re-glue one of the rubber pieces from the underside of my 49L topcase. I just went to Home Depot and asked what would work best for the two surfaces to be bonded. Whatever I got (had two different solutions to be applied, if I recall) has worked fine for two years and many kms.

Plastic, I guess. Side case and top case material seem to be the same. No Home Depot in my immediate area so I'll check at the Canadian Tire store.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Most automotive parts stores carry plastic emblem cement; I expect something like this would work pretty good here.

I'm not a die-hard tree hugger, but I will not use this product if it harms the Gorillas in any way while they collect it.

I'm not a die-hard tree hugger, but I will not use this product if it harms the Gorillas in any way while they collect it.
:rofl:
99Roadster

It's OK, I think it's

recyclecc.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Most automotive parts stores carry plastic emblem cement; I expect something like this would work pretty good here.

Mitch,

I just went through something like this with one the products I handle at work. I found that Loctite 411 works very well (much better than the rubber cement) when gluing rubber to PA6-30% glass filled. I can't verify the exact material of the side case, but I will bet its not far off PA6.

Shawn

I agree with smiller on the weatherstrip adhesive. No gorillas were harmed during it's manufacture. I had a rubber part fall off my top case. The stuff is super messy, like pizza cheese.

Archived