IGNORED

I phone help

Whip

John Ranalletta

It was all seamless for me. Hooked up the iphone and it synced all my data (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, etc.) from outlook. I'm not using the ipod feature as I've got an ipod and the itunes music (500 gig+ total) is on a usb drive. Of course, I already had iTunes installed and updated.

It was all seamless for me. Hooked up the iphone and it synced all my data (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, etc.) from outlook. I'm not using the ipod feature as I've got an ipod and the itunes music (500 gig+ total) is on a usb drive. Of course, I already had iTunes installed and updated.

What about phone number contacts??????

This was your first I-Phone.

I have a couple hundred phone numbers in my old phone. I don't use my I-phone for music.

So I only synced with I-tunes once.....to activate the phone.

It's called... iTunes.

That was helpful....thanks

:dopeslap:

Well whatdaya want... you didn't say what your problem was... are you having trouble transferring your music and data, and if so what's the hitch..?

Who said change is good? :lurk:

I have no other useful information, me and Billy still use the crank to let Mable know who we want to talk to.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

The question is whether you can get your old information off the old phone. You may be able to sync the old phone to outlook or some other program then get iTunes to pick them up. I ended up programming my iPhone by hand over the course of an evening, just because it was going to turn out to be easier. When I tried to get the info off the old phone, it dropped a phone number from every contact, and the others didn't fall into the correct category.

I find iTunes a necessary evil. I don't like the program, the interface, the very controlling nature of it, or the fact that my phone is tethered to a program I don't like. I'd rather not even have it installed on my computer.

The question is whether you can get your old information off the old phone. You may be able to sync the old phone to outlook or some other program then get iTunes to pick them up. I ended up programming my iPhone by hand over the course of an evening, just because it was going to turn out to be easier. When I tried to get the info off the old phone, it dropped a phone number from every contact, and the others didn't fall into the correct category.

I find iTunes a necessary evil. I don't like the program, the interface, the very controlling nature of it, or the fact that my phone is tethered to a program I don't like. I'd rather not even have it installed on my computer.

I thought it was just me......I'll just do it manually.

Thanks

ghaverkamp

It really depends on, as boney said, whether you can get your data off your old phone in some way.

For instance, if you have a Google account, and you can sync your old phone to Google's contacts list, you can then sync those contacts to the iPhone. If you can sync to Outlook, you should also be able to get it to the iPhone. If you have a Mac and can sync via iCal with the old phone, that's by far the most straightforward.

Finally, if you can email or SMS contacts out of your old phone, you can send each of them manually to your new phone.

Prolly other ways, too.

RichEdwards

If you have an Apple store nearby, they can download your Outlook info from your computer and then load it into your phone. They did it to put my Outlook info into my new I-Mac computer.

Every time you plug your iphone into iTunes, it gets backed up. When you plug in your new iphone, it will offer you the option to restore the new phone from a backup. Additionally, assuming all your numbers are synchronized with your addressbook, but simply syncing the new phone to your existing addressbook will do the job.

Mister Tee

If you use an Exchange server for your e-mail, like I do, all the contacts, calendaring and mail folders are done for you, since the I phone has a native Outlook client. You can manage your contacts on your desktop PC, or your phone, no need to synch anything. I literally had mine all set up in the time it took to get through the checkout line at the AT&T store.

[i thought it was just me......I'll just do it manually.

Thanks

A Day Planner, a Walkman and a roll of quarters. Don't leave home without them. :grin:

For instance, if you have a Google account, and you can sync your old phone to Google's contacts list, you can then sync those contacts to the iPhone.

Probably the best way. Google contacts sync works well and should make the job pretty easy.

Archived