IGNORED

Motoport jackets

rocks

Pretty well made and they have been in the business for years....had both a jacket and a pair of the Vouager Ax pants. Only thing I disliked about either was that in the jacket I had, you had to put the rain liner on the inside. But over all a very good product.

I couldn't find anything that would fit me so I bought costom made. The motoport gear fits me really well. It's heavy duty stuff. No way your going to loose any shin, or body parts for that matter. In the hot weather it was fine, providing you kept moving. In the cold weather, I can't see getting cold. As far as value for the money, considering it was costom made and has a 7 year warrantee, I had no problem shelling out the dough. BMW gear is probably better, and almost double the cost, but I don't think it will protect you as well. This stuff has armour.

Have used the Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar jacket and pants for about a year and approaching 50k miles from SC to AK. As already mentioned, the fact that the rain liner goes under the suit (like much of the BMW stuff) is an issue when it is too warm to just put it in and leave it in the suit. The suit tends to be bulky.

My conclusions: Very protective. Durable. Nothing better for hot weather. Will handle very cold weather with the rain liner and Gerbings electrics. The only compromise is in rain when it is too hot to keep the rain liner in and too cold to just let the rain blow through. So, it's not perfect but don't know of anything better or more flexible.

I agree, decided i wasted my money on the rain liner. In the Atlanta, Ga area, I seem to get caught in rain about once a month, say a dozen times a year. So I just bought frog Toggs. easy on, easy off, and the XXL size fits over my motoport gear very nicely. I believe Cathy and I purchased the first two pair of air mesh pants. We have three years, and every mile ridden has been in these pants. Cathy even had a low side (around 25 mph), and these pants still look at wear like new.

In Atlanta, I can wear the Air Mesh year round. during the cold months I layer on a set of light weight, but very warm under garments, and generally keep my riding under an hour. With that, I can survive any trip, and during the summer months the airmesh flows so much air it does not seem to matter until heat/humidity is about 85.

Archived