IGNORED

Need an affordable waterproof duffel bag for the rear seat?

eakins

ShovelStrokeEd

I'm not sure I would go so far as to call it affordable but the BMW lifestyles duffel I use packs an incredible amount of clothing and gear, is water tight and has nice loops for attaching with straps and the like. I have about 20K miles of using mine and never a drop inside. It looks like they actually thought a motorcycle rider might want to use one of these things. I strap a small tail trunk over the top of mine for things I don't want to keep in the tank bag but need access from time to time during the day. Using H2W straps, I have seen 120+ mph with the bag on my pillion seat on the S and no problems. Sock Monkey seems to think its a neat perch as well. thumbsup.gif

but as I recall the Revpac is not rated as waterproof.... only water resistant, and I beleive even that requires a raincover. ?? confused.gif

BMWNA just put out a bulletin about some new soft bags. Both with their typical water proof interior liner. One for the tails of most bikes. The other is a duffle style.

Not sure where "affordable" falls in the spectrum of life choices, but the Helen Two Wheels bags ( www.helen2wheels.com ) lash down tight and have performed admirably for me, and are reasonably priced. Heavy duty materials. Good stuff. As I recall, she's got three sizes: medium, large, and extra large. The last of these is HUGE. Probably too large unless you're heading for Ulan Bator for a year or some such. Middle or "large" size is good for about a week or two of no laundry. No relation, ownership, etc. Besides, I like to support other riders. A hint: if you buy her bag(s), buy her lashing straps and don't use bungees. Her straps make the bags much more stable.

Archived