IGNORED

Missing my Bungie Buddys

cjmkerns

Man!

Can't figure out how to mount Bungie Buddys on my R1200RT. Any alternative ideas out there so a load can be strapped to the rear seat (laptop, tool case etc.)?

Regards,

Carl

I don't have an answer for you, but I did see a side case that had been taken apart to fix the lock. From what I saw, you do not want to just take a drill and make a hole. It is almost a sure bet that you will damage the locking mechanism if you do.

ShovelStrokeEd

Helen 2 Wheels strapping system. Beats bungies all to hell. The only bungie I use these days is holding the Sock Monkey in place on the back of my luggage. Everything else is straps with loops and D-rings. Security is way better than any bungie.

Timmer,

Thanks for the heads up on that. It didn't look safe to me either.

Ed,

I think you are right Hellen 2Wheels straps it is. Thanks

Regards,

Carl

Helen 2 Wheels strapping system. Beats bungies all to hell. The only bungie I use these days is holding the Sock Monkey in place on the back of my luggage. Everything else is straps with loops and D-rings. Security is way better than any bungie.

Or Rock Straps. Either is a great way to hold that extra stuff on the

bike.

Ian

Man!

Can't figure out how to mount Bungie Buddys on my R1200RT. Any alternative ideas out there so a load can be strapped to the rear seat (laptop, tool case etc.)?

Regards,

Carl

Oh Carl:

Just get some slightly longer bungie cords with plastic coated hooks. One side goes around the frame just in front of the system cases. The other end goes around your top case and hooks to the back of the luggage rack. I just rode 5600 miles with a duffle fastened with two bungie cords mounted this way. No problems at all. Saw another guy doing the same thing with his 1200RT too.

No marks on the bike at all after all that except from the metal studs on the bottom of my bag. I've used this bag for 4 years on RTs, but they didn't have the cool metal grab bars like the 1200. I have little marks in my grab bars now. About mid trip, I noticed them and covered the bars with duct tape to protect them. I'll get a different bag for the next trip.

Bungie Buddies? You don need no steekeen Bungie Buddies!

-TB

Each motorcycle shipped to your dealer is secured by four straps with a very substantial fasteners. At my dealer these are free for the asking. I can carry a fender duel showman head plus a skb rack case withe ease. The straps come in different lengths. The passenger grab handles are sturdy enough to secure your load.

I have short soft loops around the frame rails under the back seat, on on either side. When needed, I pull them out from under the seat and hook my bugies to them. For back hooks, I use the same short soft loops under the large top case attached to the back part of the top case rack.

Or Rock Straps. Either is a great way to hold that extra stuff on the

bike.

Ian

Rock Straps ROCK! I just wish they were a continuous strap and not with sewn loops.

Archived