IGNORED

RIP Billy Mays

Shaman97

• 1 month later...

The latest update is that cocaine contributed to his death. That stuff can be so vicious, and addictive! It can also consume a life savings. I lost track of the number of times throughout my medical career that I have seen cocaine wreak havoc and death on the lives of those who use it. Maybe this new finding will serve as a wake up call to some of how dangerous this drug is.

Very sad...

Jay

Cocaine may explain the manic energy of his commercials. I read an article today about propofol, which (for the time being) is not a federally controlled substance. I had sinus surgery about 6 years ago, and I'm pretty sure they used propofol to knock me out. It was like a light switch. I came to 2 hours later in the recovery room, wondering what was taking so long for surgery to start -- completely unaware that it was all over. Given a chance, some people will abuse anything, from model airplane glue to nitrous oxide.

Joe Frickin' Friday
...I lost track of the number of times throughout my medical career that I have seen cocaine wreak havoc and death on the lives of those who use it. Maybe this new finding will serve as a wake up call to some of how dangerous this drug is.

Interesting to note, too, that it was not death by overdose; from what I read, it was cumulative damage to his heart from chronic cocaine use. He had used recently - like within the previous few days - but he was not high when he died.

Bill_Walker

Here's what really happened: Billy Mays was watching the news, and saw that Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon had all died. And then he said, "But wait! There's more!"

Archived