IGNORED

Jax Tech Day, with a surprise guest.....

Huzband

Great day for a tech session. Started out in the low eighties, up to mid-nineties, with humidity to match. knary.gif

The Tallahassee crew rolls in.

Tallman.

575560165_DoMui-L.jpg

PRC. Does he look like a cop, or what!

575560139_mj8tA-L.jpg

Knifemaker, on the right, was our host. Bernie, middle, was a great help to many. Matt, well........my eyes, my eyes!!!!

575560097_tj3ZG-L.jpg

We had a great turnout.

575560305_6aQWm-L.jpg

Some conducted classical music while others looked on & stuffed donuts in their face.

575560263_xyRqs-L.jpg

Speaking of donuts... Okay, it's technically not a donut, it's jelly filled. Just the same, sorry for the blur, but I had to be quick, One second later, & it was in his pocket. Once a cop, always a cop. :grin:

575560396_2PFXV-L.jpg

PRC figuring which end of a ratchet is up. Who IS that hot blonde?

575560200_v3QXZ-L.jpg

And to think, Calvin was surprised I was there. Go figure. :grin:

575560215_xgQDc-L.jpg

Matt & Pete both with latex gloves. This can't end well.

575560361_DTZZn-L.jpg

Oh, & our suprise guest? I think she may have one-upped me. :thumbsup:

575560085_i9tYL-L.jpg

Great to see you, Jacquiline. You brightened the day more than you know.

Matt & I ended the day with a couple cold ones. PRC's bike still ran, in spite of the drift & hammer routine I put it through for end-play adjustment (he cried like a baby). And all other service was a success. All in all, a great day.

Thanks to Bill(Knifemaker) for the hospitality. And lets not forget his wonderful wife, Debbie, for providing a most excellent lunch for everyone. :thumbsup:

Definitely a great day, good company and a chance to see some folks getting closer to their bikes.

I got the HIDs on the GS installed and I'm pretty pleased with how they are working.

Thanks to Bill for putting it together and for all those who helped teach today.

Firefight911
I got the HIDs on the GS installed and I'm pretty pleased with how they are working.

Did ya show DannyBoy????????? :rofl:

That's a bit of touchy subject w/him.... Something about how I only had one set of bulbs to replace or something....

Well I made it back home and nothing fell off or exploded! WOO HOO!!! And yes, I was not doing so well when he used that hammer on my motor!! Geez, I just can't get over that...

oh and Danny special props for being a great mentor, however....after posting said picture with what you believed to be a power ring, I have something "special" for you in two weeks when I see you guys again! And for the rest of our viewers, I was eating a pastry, not a power ring!

Ms. J, was great to finally meet you (and be subject to your abuse)! Matt, Bill and Bernie, well thanks for everything guys.....and believe me, I shall have something "special" for you guys after all the abuse! Especially Matt for sending me that picture mail while I was riding home.

Wow, what a great day. Started off shakey though. Riding along minding my own business on my way to meet Pete at 5:30, and out from the side of the rode walks a 6 point buck. Ask me how I know it was six points? Because I got close enough to count, IN THE DARK. No coffee or Mountain Dew needed. I am officially awake. Thanks to Tim, Pete, Brian, and Jacob for the great ride over and back, even though it was in a straight line at 80 MPH. Thank you Bill and Bernie for assisting me with my first removing of the plastic, valve adjustment and throttle body adjustment. My RT is smooth and wants to fly. Thank you Bill for hosting the event and it was great to meet new folks. Isn't it great that there is someone (Pete) that everyone (and I mean everyone)can have fun with - AKA-laugh at...Also, it was great to put faces to names on this website. Time for a drink......Great day...

PS>Tim and Pete. Got a call from Wade when I got home. We passed him in his four wheeler as we were coming in for a landing at Thomasville Road. He was with his wife and daughter. When we passed him his wife turned to his daughter and said-That's why your dad wants to get a BMW. Yeah Baby....

First: wish I could have joined you guys! :wave:

Second: Matt, honey ... what were you thinkin'?? :P

Third: Pete --- BAD Cop! No Donut!! :rofl:

Did ya show DannyBoy????????? :rofl:

Shaddup you!!!!

FSecond: Matt, honey ... what were you thinkin'?? :P

Shannon, that was a tribute to Richard since Jacqueline was there, honest!

PS, the 11th looks good if you're still interested...

FSecond: Matt, honey ... what were you thinkin'?? :P

Shannon, that was a tribute to Richard since Jacqueline was there, honest!

PS, the 11th looks good if you're still interested...

Hmmm ... sounds suspect, but possible, so we'll let it go this time :grin:

The 11th is looking good since my trial on the 13th is likely to get continued. Will touch base when I get back from the Ozarks. :thumbsup:

An excellent day indeed.

I was absolutely flabbergasted to see Jacqueline when we rolled in, :eek:

Danny not so much. :grin:

Plenty of wrenching and good times.

Thanks to Bill, Debbie, for hosting.

Thanks to Bernie for all his assitance.

And, a giant Thank You to Mr. Danny for being a great mentor and doing a great Killboy impression when we arrived..

OK, where do I start?

Our host Bill with his prize winning Bridgestone 200. The "killer Harley" is hiding from you know who.

DSC01501.jpg

Matt and Jacqueline getting "Highly Intense".

DSC01502.jpg

Ron getting ready to jump in while Brian assumes the requisite Tech Day position kneeling before his RT.

DSC01499.jpg

Bernie giving Ron a "pointer".

DSC01505.jpg

Brian and Jacob at their first Tech Day having a great time.

DSC01508.jpg

Alan showing his beautiful '98 KRS sidecar rig to Larry.

The RS got LED'd.

DSC01504.jpg

We were forced to eat donuts to provide official Tech Day cyclinder protectors.

DSC01509.jpg

Pete doing what he does...

DSC01507.jpg

Danny explaining that the RT requires specialized tools.

DSC01510.jpg

Getting a "feel" for the valves.

Danny grew up doing this stuff and it shows.

He's an excellent mentor.

DSC01511.jpg

Methinks something is being UNplanned.

DSC01512.jpg

The exclamation point on a fabulous day, my friend Jacqueline, although west coasting seems to agree with her, we're glad to consider her one of us.

DSC01514.jpg

The trip home was hot, but my cooling vest did a good job of making it tolerable.

Ron, I believe we did a bit more than "pass" Wade and his family.

:P

A big, big thank you to all.

Looking forward to next time.

Best wishes.

Glad to see everyone made it home safe.

Danny and Tim, thanks for the great pictures.

Thanks to Danny, Highway41(Bill), Matt and everyone for helping the rockies with there services.

Jacqueline, it was great to see you again, I am glad you brought the hammer, just what Danny needed.

It was a great day.

Sorry for the delay in posting....

After getting up around 4:00 a.m. this morning and getting to my shop by 6:00 to get everything ready for the tech day was was a little tired by 4:00 this afternoon so I cooled off and took a nap....

What a day...It was hot in many more ways than just the temp that was hovering somewhere around 98 today...Between the usual "suspects" like Matt, Danny, Calvin, Bernie, Pete and our "little" surprise guest this was one of the most enjoyable Tech days I have had the pleasure of being a part of...I want to thank both BMWST and the folks from BMWNEF for thier attendance it's really nice when two groups with the same intrests can get togeather.

I want to thank Mrs. Knifemaker (Debbie) for bringing lunch to all of us and helping me with the prep.

Let's start off with the BESTEST surprise of the day....

575664939_wGWGA-M.jpg

Tallman and a "little" woman (sounds like a movie...

575665109_PWtBS-M.jpg

Pete...you performed your job of comic relief with complete professionalism...

575665005_sHZXo-M.jpg

Bernie what would we do without you....

575664882_Wc7JK-M.jpg

Danny exposed....He is not from this world....Did you know he had 3 arms?

575665023_h5vpP-M.jpg

Matt...Buddy did you eat something last night that didn't agree with you?

575664914_EGwxw-M.jpg

Marty ... You didn't make it but I saved a seat for you.....

575664805_kPmHH-M.jpg

More shots....

575665067_NzSxf-M.jpg

575664873_QXQPj-M.jpg

575664803_N5dcj-M.jpg

It was a long day for me... soo long I even managed to drop my Bridgestone putting it back in the shop but she's fine...I built her I can fix her....Thanks for coming folks if you enjoyed yourself let's do it again...

And thank you J your showing up was really SPECIAL to all us Florida riders who love and miss you....

BeniciaRT_GT
Oh, & our suprise guest? I think she may have one-upped me. :thumbsup:

I wondered where the heck she was!?!?!?

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all! Sorry I couldn't make it, but it serves as a reminder/warning for you east coasters! You never know when we might show up! :eek:

So behave!!! :rofl:

Archived