IGNORED

It's Settled. My next bike will be...

tobyzusa

one of these. I've ordered a three foot step ladder so I can clean the mirrors. As soon as the ladder arrives, the RT is history.

img000651.jpg

Finally found a use for the camera in my phone!

CoarsegoldKid

Don't forget the get the cloth head gear as they are easier to deal with. You never have to take them off.

Puts the center of gravity just about at chin level...not good for cornering or for speeds above 35MPH [where you become a human sail], but great for catching flying road trash.

It's settled. My next bike will be......

2009_BMW_K1300S_6.jpg

I test rode this bike yesterday at Seaver's Open House. Nice bike. It took me three tries before I could get my left foot up on the peg. I kept getting a cramp. It then took me a while before I got used to the clutch. Yes, I was afraid of killing the bike at an intersection riding with 10 other bikes. But I was also afraid of doing a wheelie if I treated the throttle like I was on my RT. The ESA was pretty cool. I switched to Comfort and I could really tell the difference. I didn't like the Japanese turn signals, but I got used to them. Of course, I didn't have a chance to see what it could do, but if I had, I probably would be writing this report from the holding cell in Santa Ana.

Ol Geezer, I have the K1200S already. I am pretty confident I know what it can do already but the K1300S is hopefully another notch up. Acceleration from 7000 up is astounding. I have had the front wheel very light but doubtful it was off the ground.....but then I don't just yank the throttle open from start as I have no doubt what would happen next.... including me probably falling off :eek:. My wallet is happy I have not gone for a test ride....yet :eek: I am 34" inseam and can have some discomfort in the hips initially (if I have been sitting before riding) but it goes after a while. I find the K better on my knees than my previous RT. :S

beemerman2k
It's settled. My next bike will be......

2009_BMW_K1300S_6.jpg

Now you're talkin'. I test rode a K1200S a few years ago at Brown BMW. Let me tell you what, I opened her up and let her rip! The front wheel was heading toward the sky when all of a sudden, no power! Oh yeah, the rev limiter kicked in. Probably saved my butt. But man, what a bike. What a bike!!!

Yeah James. It looks quite a bike. I am also waiting for this

bmw-s1000rr-superbike.jpg

But I like one bike that does a bit of everything - not one bike for sport and one bike for sport touring...but I am adaptable :grin:

Ol Geezer, I have the K1200S already. I am pretty confident I know what it can do already but the K1300S is hopefully another notch up. Acceleration from 7000 up is astounding. I have had the front wheel very light but doubtful it was off the ground.....but then I don't just yank the throttle open from start as I have no doubt what would happen next.... including me probably falling off :eek:. My wallet is happy I have not gone for a test ride....yet :eek: I am 34" inseam and can have some discomfort in the hips initially (if I have been sitting before riding) but it goes after a while. I find the K better on my knees than my previous RT. :S

I found the change tray integrated into the top of the gas tank to be quite thoughtful.

Yeah James. It looks quite a bike. I am also waiting for this

bmw-s1000rr-superbike.jpg

I had the pleasure to spend a few moments with TonyTsai who was with a couple of friends. His friends were putting down deposits on the 1000. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad BMW is making this bike. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in SBK racing. But I don't know why someone would buy this over a Duc 1098 or a Yammie R1.

If I were a sport bike guy, the K13S would keep me up nights thinking about it.

This bike is specifically designed for oft-arrested felons. Remember how, when you were little, your Mama said, "Don't frown, your face will freeze that way."?

Well, for these guys, they've been told "Spread 'em." so many times, they froze that way.

If I were a sport bike guy, the K13S would keep me up nights thinking about it.

If you were a sport bike guy, the K13S would probably be too long and heavy to merit much interest. The 13 is still just a sport tourer at the very sporty end of the scale. The motorcycle equivalent of a high end sports coupe - plenty fast and fun to ride, likely just as quick on normal roads, but not going to keep up with dedicated race hardware when conditions warrant pushing the envelope.

I'd be in the market for exactly such a bike, now that I seem to have stopped with the track days, but the pricing keeps me looking elsewhere.

Archived