IGNORED

So... I'm riding home from work Friday

Matts_12GS

and it's dark, cloudy, gusty and generally nasty. I'm about halfway home on surface streets riding parallel to the river when out of the corner of my eye a big piece of a cloud just drops vertically out of the sky...

into a waterspout.

I was probably a half mile away or so, but it gave me quite a start. Most of the traffic around me was clueless from what I could tell, but as the rains intensified I decided to beat feet and use some of that lane splitting I learned in CA.

Fortunately, I got home w/o incident, but it sure made for an exciting drive home.

Wowzee....not something on two wheels I'd want to be meeting up with.

Good on ya for gettin' the hec outta dodge.!

I know they can be destructive, but they look beautiful to me. I was lucky enough to see a few of them in Chicago on Lake Michigan.

You didn't stop to take a picture?

Harry

I was tempted to about 17 different times, but I didn't want to end up on the news as "that guy..."

I think they are lying when they say tornadoes sound like trains... I could see thing and couldn't hear any whistles...

They are fun, unless your on the water as I was in Canada fishing when we spotted one about 1/4 mile away. It is surprizing how fast they can move. We evaded it, but were leary the rest of the afternoon.

Archived