IGNORED

Triumph Tiger 1050

LuckyLeif

After 15 years on beemer saddles (K75S, K12RS, R12GS & R12RT), I am thinking of buying the Tiger that has been out a few years. I've read a few reviews found on the internet -- they give a pretty nice picture of the Tiger. I have been trying to locate a dealer that would arrange for a demo ride, but keep hearing excuses (a bit of a surprise in this economy). So, does anyone have personal experience with the Tiger 1050? TIA

if you don't mind a 2-3 hour trip to NJ there's a dealership called Desimone Motor Sports located in MT Laurel that will allow you to take a test drive. They sell BMW. Triumph, Victory and Ducati. Beautiful showroom full of motorcycles and great staff to go along with it. Once you get on 95N you'll pick up 295N in DE, cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge, stay on 295N until you get to RT73S.

There webpage address is www.desimonemotorsport.com

Rich06FJR1300

one of our club members is selling his, but you have to travel to NJ to get it:

Members of the club get 1st dibs on my 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 with less

than 6,000 miles on the clock.

Brand new tires

Triumph Bags

ABS

Tall Dark Smoked Windshield

2nd Muffler - High Performance - not currently installed

2nd seat - supposed to be a gel seat

2nd Windshield - believed to be a cut-off stock windshield

Asking $5,800. or best offer.

Know of a couple w/electrical issues.

Stator, probably not common, but I don't follow the model.

Brand new tires

Triumph Bags

ABS

* tHAT iS a smokin' hot deal..!

Brand new tires

Triumph Bags

ABS

Why so cheap?

After 15 years on beemer saddles (K75S, K12RS, R12GS & R12RT), I am thinking of buying the Tiger that has been out a few years. I've read a few reviews found on the internet -- they give a pretty nice picture of the Tiger. I have been trying to locate a dealer that would arrange for a demo ride, but keep hearing excuses (a bit of a surprise in this economy). So, does anyone have personal experience with the Tiger 1050? TIA

Try www.tiger1050.com that is a pretty good site. You will love the motor and if you like GS type bikes it is a bike that gets rave reviews in the magazines.

I just gave/sold my 07 K1200GT so I could spend more time on my Tiger. 13,000 miles and many mods. My main gripe is the useless stock windscreen but I am running a Madstad proto type that has solved the problem.

I used to come in and check my max speed after a trip on the GT, 125+ usually. Check it on the Triumph, 93 last time. Much more fun at a safer speed and less risk of tickets which fits my personally better. Takes longer to get to the high speeds so gives my will power time to kick in, ha.

Engine is super smooth with torque from 3000rpm up to 10,000, rarely go above 5000rpm. Butter shifts, big clunks on the GT.

Planning on being in NH for the unrally in August, probably be the only white Tiger there! madstad.jpg

That would be a very good deal on the 07, mine is an 07, paid 8300 with 2000 miles used.

I am running the stock muffler, (like quiet) with "power frk" module, runs perfect and pulls from all areas with no flat spots. They are putting the same module on the K1200GTs to fix the flat spots and stumbles off closed throttle. Works!

Race Tech suspension up front, the stock suspension is very adjustable but soft with some dive on the front under heavy breaking.

Getting 48 mpg and 5.2 gallon tank. 12,000 mile valve check interval, 6000 mi oil change using synthetic. Same wheel size and tires (PR2) as the GT, but 100+ lbs lighter. Yep, I love it!

You could always take a trip up to Hermy's in PA. They have always been willing to toss the keys my direction when I start drooling over something.

I loved the tiger 1050 and was pretty dead set on one. I threw a leg over one and disliked the look/feel from the cockpit so much that I never even test rode it. I still think they look great (love the white), but it just didn't have the right feel for me.

Rich06FJR1300

i'll see if i can find out why he is selling so low, not sure at this time...maybe just a 'club members only' price.

Rich

Rich06FJR1300

found out the 'scoop'. There are some scratches on the bags and the switch to switch between TRIP1, TRIP2 and the ODOMETER is broken.

fYI : i did test ride this 1050 Tiger a coupla times...before and after the purchase of my now "sold" '06 Sprint.

I was unimpressed with the way it managed the wind...much like the KTM I had - granted it had on the stock screen and I'm talking about the helmet area only.

I like the mill and drivetrain, tranny is JapBike snicky, but the mill is down on HP...(coming off the Sprint back to back)

Here again - the Tiger was a brand new scoot - my Sprint was worn in.

so.........I'd get one, I may even be on one down the road. I fell in love with the Trumpy lineup -- especially the Triple Mill.

I would like to see Triumph put back the almost 15 HP they stole from the Sprint though..! (Including the torque too)

Motor is the same across the board, Speed triple, Sprint, and Tiger. Only difference is exhaust, mapping, and airbox. TOR map on Tiger adds some torque and we open up the second snorkel in airbox like the Speed triple. I'm only talking about the 1050 since 07.

I have the Power FRK and stock exhaust, it pulls as strong as anything I have ridden, plus smooth.

...Race Tech suspension up front, the stock suspension is very adjustable but soft with some dive on the front under heavy breaking.

From my research it seems that Race Tech Gold Valve and a properly weighted spring cure the front end suspension deficit. Some people complain about the rear, too, but they seem to be the ones with heavy loads. I have a demo ride set for Friday. We'll see how that goes. I am also thinking about the R12R as a fall back.

ducati-stradaperta-1200_1.jpg

Is this the new Multi? I'm not sure what to think about it if it is. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

Pat

Chris, one of the detectives over at ADV dug it up. I have a feeling it's a chop job. :lurk:

Pat

wbrissette
Chris, one of the detectives over at ADV dug it up. I have a feeling it's a chop job. :lurk:

A lot of people do! One thing is for sure, they will either need to move the location of the oil filter or aftermarket (Touratech) companies are going to make a mint on oil filter protectors.

Wayne

John Ranalletta
ducati-stradaperta-1200_1.jpg

Is this the new Multi? I'm not sure what to think about it if it is. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

Pat

Can't be the Multi 'cause it looks rideable for more than an hour at a time.

Archived